Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah that would look great with your name plastered all over it! You will definitely be able to maneuver into spots where you probably couldn't with a trailer.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Daylight pics. New tires on the rear.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That really looks like a U-Haul box and if so I doubt it only has 125k on it. But I'd go for it.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

check the suspension good when you get to drive it. it might also be nice to scale it empty and get an idea of how overloaded it might have been in a previous life. keep in mind La. isn't famous for good roads which would also age it a bit. at that price it could be a good deal if everything checks out. Good Luck,
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 11-21-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Id be careful its not a "Katrina" victumn. Looks like it may have been impounded for some reason be catious
Old 11-21-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It was towed last week becuz the seller left it parked forsale in a parking lot over the weekend. I actually know the seller really well from when i was police officer. He owns a local leather goods company.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just remember that's one more vehicle to pay insurance on. I have thought about a box truck but for now I am fine using my 06 GMC 2500hd.

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 11-21-2012, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
It was towed last week becuz the seller left it parked forsale in a parking lot over the weekend. I actually know the seller really well from when i was police officer. He owns a local leather goods company.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your good then. I had to buy 4 tires for my box when I bought it, I bought uniroyal to match the 2 new ones in the front and the bill was over 700$.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It needs a paint job. That overhang in the front doesn't look like a professional landscape company outfit. By the time you paint it then wrap it, put a ramp on it, you will have a lot of time and money invested in a 17 year old truck. I don't want to deal with breakdowns and excessive maintenance... I would pass.

If I were you I would plan on spending 10-15k and buy an Isuzu NPR that you will last 7-10 years. I just bought an 06 NPR crew cab diesel with 80k miles for 8k, and it was located just a couple hours from your location. I am going to set it up just like I want it(side dump, box, 2' dovetail) and I will keep it for the next 7-10 years.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
It needs a paint job. That overhang in the front doesn't look like a professional landscape company outfit. By the time you paint it then wrap it, put a ramp on it, you will have a lot of time and money invested in a 17 year old truck. I don't want to deal with breakdowns and excessive maintenance... I would pass.

If I were you I would plan on spending 10-15k and buy an Isuzu NPR that you will last 7-10 years. I just bought an 06 NPR crew cab diesel with 80k miles for 8k, and it was located just a couple hours from your location. I am going to set it up just like I want it(side dump, box, 2' dovetail) and I will keep it for the next 7-10 years.
Looks like it was a yellow "penske" truck at one time.

Ive seen fellers paint the "box" with house paint using a roller brush and it looked presentable. The cab could be painted with a quart of acrilic enamal for around 150$ in materals. He said he already had a ramp.

O6 NPR for 8k would be better if he could find one.