Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Themes

Does anyone have some links to some good themes?

I have dream weaver and Wordpress. Not having much luck finding themes for them

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Elegant Themes
Pretty good themes for cheap, with tons of choices. The builder is always adding new themes to the collection.
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used http://www.flashtemplatesdesign.com/ a few times and really like the templates they have. They are free by the way.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Does anyone have some links to some good themes?

I have dream weaver and Wordpress. Not having much luck finding themes for them

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you mean you want to potentially work with a WP theme within Dreamweaver? If you don't have much in the way of development experience, you've got a bit of work ahead of you due to the file structure.

If you're looking specifically for lawn/landscape-specific themes, you have a more difficult search. If you're looking for a theme that you can re-purpose, there are many. In addition to the ElegantThemes that Ring pointed out, there are also StudioPress, Themeforest, WooThemes, Themify.me, Templatic, Mojo-Themes, and on and on.

If you're searching for free themes, be very careful and vet the source site as I have seen way too many free WP themes that have a ton of buried, shady links and ads within them.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Do you mean you want to potentially work with a WP theme within Dreamweaver?
I would think you would want to go one way or the other. Either start with a wordpress theme and use wordpress or start with a theme compatable with Dreamweaver and use Dreamweaver. I think that is what you planned anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post

If you're searching for free themes, be very careful and vet the source site as I have seen way too many free WP themes that have a ton of buried, shady links and ads within them.
As far as the site I recommended I have used their templates (working with one right now). I tend to use the code window in dreamweaver a lot and have been all through the code. There is nothing that should not be there in any of their templates. They are free if you leave the link at the bottom of the page and if you want to remove it then they ask you for $ 15.00. I have always left them.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Also, when you think you have found a theme, go to a full preview (where it the only thing on the page, not inside a frame for the theme site), and then take that URL and go try to validate the code at http://validator.w3.org/

There is NO reason for a design to fail coming from a designer, especially when you are paying for it. (Sorry, I checked 10 templates at http://www.flashtemplatesdesign.com/ and all 10 failed validation (of course all 10 were the same shell to load a a full flash page, so there goes SEO, but then found some under CSS Templates that did validate)
Old 09-08-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
I would think you would want to go one way or the other. Either start with a wordpress theme and use wordpress or start with a theme compatable with Dreamweaver and use Dreamweaver. I think that is what you planned anyway.

As far as the site I recommended I have used their templates (working with one right now). I tend to use the code window in dreamweaver a lot and have been all through the code. There is nothing that should not be there in any of their templates. They are free if you leave the link at the bottom of the page and if you want to remove it then they ask you for $ 15.00. I have always left them.
Yes sir. I was looking for a landscape theme I could modify myself. I've been learning alot in dreamweaver trying to build one from scratch, but I'd like to try modifying some.

I have dreamweaver and wordpress so it doesn't matter which it's a theme for.

It's hard to find landscaping themes period

Thanks guys
Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Yes sir. I was looking for a landscape theme I could modify myself. I've been learning alot in dreamweaver trying to build one from scratch, but I'd like to try modifying some.

I have dreamweaver and wordpress so it doesn't matter which it's a theme for.

It's hard to find landscaping themes period

Thanks guys
Building a business website or any website is like LIFE...Is what you make it...
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 09-09-2012, 05:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is another place you can get free templates. http://www.oswd.org/ They have over 2000 to chose from.

I never worried too much about looking for a landscaping theme but there are lots available. I tended to look more for colors and layout that I liked and changing a photo or so turns it into a landscaping theme.

Wordpress and Dreamweaver. I have never used Wordpress but I have heard good comments about it. I started off long ago using FrontPage which was easy to use then switched to Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver has a bit more of a learning curve but it's an excellent program.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know it still needs alot of work, but any advice?

I've still yet to find a theme i'm happy with. This is the Lucid theme from elegant

http://uniquepropertymaintenance.com/