Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Im sure that in some areas these bad boy mowers are decent but im a lot of areas with not perfect conditions (weedy, wet, etc) these mowers SUCK with a capital S U C K! the machine is nice but there deck designs got a LONG WAY TO GO before they are a velocity or 7iron. We demoed one side by side with my scag tiger cat with over 2000 hrs on it and my scag did so much better of a job we didnt even keep the badboy the whole day. We just took it back.....
Must no't got a mower the new Armortek5.http://www.badboymowers.com/view/lawn-mower-deck
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
Must no't got a mower the new Armortek5.http://www.badboymowers.com/view/lawn-mower-deck
I would suggest you read some BB reviews on this site. If you can find some that have not been deleted....
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysLawnCareDelaware View Post
From my short experience dealing with engine hp, Kawasaki is the closest to true, followed by Briggs/Stratton, and then Kohler is usually 3-4 hp off. Someone can definitely say it better than I can, but usually it has to do with the torque that the engines have more than the hp.

-Michael
You are so right I have a 26hp Kohler and 28hp Briggs/Stratton 810cc the 28hp Briggs/Stratton will cut circle around the Kohler there is a lot more than 2hp difference hear.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
I would agree unless you mow alot of slopes. The TT having the fuel tank below the seat, and wider stance gives the best hillside capabilities.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bazinga!!!!! I definetly can see that for sure.

I guess another instance would be if you needed a little faster mower but honestly most times I hardly ever run my cat full throttle.

We actually demoed one of the turf tigers with one of the diesel engines and Ill tell ya that thing was so heavy you could run it FAST and it wouldn bounce you around bad at all compared to my cat but dog gone it was like 4K more. That and every time Id turn that thing around you would run into the stink of diesel. Some ppl love that smell but UUUggghhh. Not I!

Definetly perks to each one thats for sure!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
The only thing I didn't not like about the tiger at is how stiff the controls felt to me... Idk maybe it was just me but that and a couple of other things
I couldnt agree more about the controls. I went from exmark to scag and there was definetly a big difference but here is a little info I can share. First off, you will get used to that in no time. Atleast I did. And this is the big kicker for me. The transition of power to the drive tires is so much more smooth because you cant just yank the controls back which in turn KEEPS YOU FROM SPINNING so much when turning around. Not that I did it much with the exmark but in a damp yard it was very easy to do with the exmark and I noticed with the stiffer controls on the scag the power transition engaged slower and I didnt have this problem AS MUCH. Hell I still do it every once in a while.

There is nothing wrong with exmark mowers especially in treated yards with light weeds, and the big one which is NO MOISTURE!. I mow a few treated banks and honestly I think that the exmarks left a better cut there but those yards were the only ones that looked even close to as good but In my area you hardly ever get anyone to treat and fert........
Old 12-24-2012, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to go with the Tiger Cat!

I got a great deal on it. The dealer had a demo unit with 68hrs on it that they had just put up for sale. I got it for $7200 with full warranty!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You bought a great mower. Scag is simply the best.