Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Estimate/ Sales Process

Started using Goilawn and other free measurement tools for estimates...really want to get away from physically driving to do estimates in the spring because it takes so much time/money and we know that everyone will need our first application regardless...(we do not do spring seedings) we currently use Real Green and am interested in using the measurement assistant and or other measurement tools and emailing or giving estimates over the phone...questions are

Do you tell them you will do lawn analysis on first application?

Has converting to this hurt your closing rate?

How do you handle lawns that need renovation/ seeding in the fall?

How do you handle customers that insist on meeting with you?

Just curious how others have implemented online measuring tools to streamline their estimates/ sales process...thanks for your responses!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just PMed you a novel.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

when was last time you went to a real green meeting? if your already using SA how could you NOT be using the measurement assistant ? its all already integrated into your software, and you can measure a lawn and email a customer estimate while your are on the phone with the customer. but to answer your questions

we dont do lawn analysis...all customers get basically the same treatments. when we do the first app we leave detailed notes on the invoice telling them what the lawn needs most and that we will be supplying it through the rest of the years applications. if its something major like fungus, nut grass, nimbilwill, or just a lawn full of crabgrass we make sure to call that customer and let them know its going to take 2 seasons to get the lawn looking good.

has Greatly improved the closing rate. i have all the data in my system, last year i sent out 13000 pre-pay letters with a price on them for that yard and had 130 new customers sign up, many of them just sent a check in and never even called us.......

aeration and overseeding: some of the new customers pre-paid for aeration too. but we never ask to pre-pay for seeding b/c you never know how much your going to need to use. we always determine that few weeks before seeding time

we try to tell customers that we really dont make a special trip just to meet you, we can schedule a time to do the application at a time when your home, and we explane that with fuel cost and labor cost that we are trying to keep the price down for them, most understand, if they oppose this.....then just go meet them.

RG has it all, i wouldn't be messing around with Goilawn when you have a powerful tool right in your office that you already pay for.
PM me if you have anymore questions about RG i dont work for them, i own a LC company and RG gets me new customers every week just by using the software the right way
Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the response...i have been to the meetings...i have just been old school with driving to estimates and meeting people...seemed to be the way to go...but it has become too time consuming...especially in the spring...I think with fall estimates for seeding we will physically look at them but I think for spring when everyone is going to recieve the same application, online/phone estimates will be the way to go....I have real green and understand they have measurement assistant...is it already preloaded and I can pay per measurement or do you have to buy a subscription?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use measure map app for the iphone its $2. I think it has helped my closing rate quite a bit. People like to get the price right then. For those that want to meet, I meet them as soon as I can. I give them a ball park over the phone and ask them if they are willing to let me treat the lawn while I am there and after we talk. If they arent willing then I usually tell them I am to busy to make 2 trips and will try and find time to meet them when it is convenient for me.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Efficiency
I'd like your novel also
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm still old school. I like to step on the lawn. Aerial photos aren't updated tht often. Maybe customer installed a fence or maybe they have 100 year old oaks blocking the view. It also gives the chance to upsale.
Posted via Mobile Device