The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Eliminator skid steer attachment?

Anyone own one?
Link
http://apparosaequipment.com/eliminator_page_3.htm
I found one on craigslist recently for 500. I don't own a tooth bucket yet and i think this would be nice for ripping roots for sod prep and grading compacted dirt. I would be pushing it with a gehl 5640
Thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've had one (72") and really like it. If the teeth aren't bent up bad, $500 is decent.

I've used ours with every skid and the little Polaris.

Not to hijack this, any updates on a new ride?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea i bought the red truck. Setting up a new corp, should have insurance tomorrow then i can finally register it and DRIVE IT. I'll probably post some pics but it needs a little paint and a slew of decals and lettering.

I havent seen the bottom teeth yet, I'll get some pics. Hes only an hour away but maybe i will go scoop it for 400 .
I like it because its like a root grapple(minus grapple ability but thats what laborers are for) and a tooth bucket without all the bulk of having another bucket. Plus it probably rips ground more efficiently than a tooth bucket
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I've also got a 72" rake and love it for what i do, I don't do acres of prep work but for small yard's and repairs it works great, it does just what your wanting to do with it, rips hard ground good and leaves a nice finish, alot of times I can rough something in with a smooth bucket and then rake it nice and smooth. It does take some experience figuring out the right angle and other tricks. I've had mine for years, ran on several skids currently use it on TL130, you shouldn't have a power problem all your really doing is backdragging.

Best part of eliminater is cost I think new $1500-1800, I gave $200 in good shape and I see them from time to time for 500-800, you do have to watch to see how bad the front teeth are bent up. Eliminater ($1,500) vs Harley rake ($8,000) plus you can throw the rake in your bucket and go. Harley rake would be nice if you have large areas and seed every day.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks dirtwerks. I always drool over harley rakes but rarely am i on a property big enough to use one. Plus they are huge.

So you use the ripper backdragging? And you think it will work ok on my wheeled machine? CTL isnt in the works for a couple years.

Also do you have a source for those bottom rippers? It looks like a few are missing on the one I'm looking to buy(and i can use it as a bargaining point)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I've had to replace a couple of the rippers over the years and I just called Loegering and got them, I actually this summer just had some made with a couple of different holes so I can adjust the rippers if I want. You can adjust the height of your loader arms according to how deep or hard you want to rip the ground, that's what I was saying there's a little bit of a learing curve on what angle and height you set it at.

I used that rake on a rubber tired Bobcat 773 for years, it doesn't matter whether it's SSL or CTL it will work fine.