Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kioti LB1914??

This is the list from the ad I found.

Kioti LB1914 compact tractor,4wd Diesel,476 hrs, 60"finish mower,60"scraper blade

I'm working on a trade for this for a quad. Guys beating me up on price. I offered a straight trade for a real nice arctic cat 500 with a plow and winch. He's at $4500 for his Kioti and is giving me $3000 for my quad. According to nada, 3000 bucks is accurate for my quad, but it's in much better shape than most and comparing mine to others on c-list, $3000 is pretty low for a big utility quad in my area. plus add on a winch and plow and low miles....oh well

Hes saying if I can find anywhere that his Kioti is worth less than 4500, we'd have a deal. I'm not sure where he's coming from cause my thinking is that it's a pretty fair trade, possibly a little better for me than him. But i dont need a quad and need a compact tractor. He needs a wuad but not the tractor...I offerd to transport which is a pretty good trip ~8 hours min. seems perfect to me but i guess he doesn't wanna feel like he's being taken.

So My questions are:
- where can i find accurate pricing for compact tractors?
- What's the deal with Kioti? I assumed they were a lower quality, import machine not worth much in commercial landscaping. is this true or are they decent and worth having for very occasional use?
- any specific info on this model Kioti? good, bad, ugly?

I looked up some specs. its 4x4 diesel, 2100 pounds dry weight, 20 hp engine cat I 3 pt hitch, 540/1000 rear pto, 2800 front pto, 6gpm hydros, sepcs seem to be about right for me, but seems kinda light weight though yeah? 2100 lbs?? maybe it's smaller than i thought. this would actually be good cause if that's true, it'll go on my single axle axle trailer, barely, but it'll work. I'd probably just use my large deck over 14,000lb trailer tho. but its nice to have options. I'd be using this mainly for bush hogging here and there and I'd like to fabricate a 3pt pto log splitter for home use. If I had this, I'd also have access to an auger and would consider doing some fencing installs. That might open up the door for some more work for me.

so do his numbers jive? where can I find actual current values? thanks in advance. I don't need the finish mower nor the scraper blade. so maybe he can keep those??
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kioti is not in the same league as Kubota or John Deere but much better than the Chinese tractors as far as quality goes. 2100 lbs dry weight for the machine alone for a 20 hp tractor is actually pretty heavy. The dry weight is with no loader or implements. A comparable 20 hp Kubota is much lighter. More weight= more traction which is good for loader or blade work. If you add a loader and backhoe than your weight will be closer to 3500-4000 lbs. Does this machine include a loader? If it does than it's easily worth 4500, especially with the other implements.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kioti LB1914??

No it doesn't have a loader unfortunately. Thanks for the info
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey2002 View Post
Kioti is not in the same league as Kubota or John Deere
I disagree.
I have had a Kioti DK 35 for 11 years (1700+ hours) and I have a John Deere 850.
The Kioti has been problem free.
I would rate my DK 35 every bit as well built, solid and reliable as my JD 850.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ok, looks like we worked out a deal and I'll be picking this up Saturday. Problem is that my buddy can't loan me his big trailer so I'm stuck with my 6x12 single axle mowing trailer. it's got a 3500lb axle, no brakes

the tractor specs out at 2150 pounds, 56" wheelbase, 110" length 46.5" width. It should fit physically, and the weight is within my trailers capacity but I'm still worried for some reason. Maybe in the back of my mind I think this machine is bigger than it actually is. What do you guys think? Is this little tractor small enough for my single axle or should I beg, steal or borrow a larger trailer. It's about 200 miles one way.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK35vince
I disagree.
I have had a Kioti DK 35 for 11 years (1700+ hours) and I have a John Deere 850.
The Kioti has been problem free.
I would rate my DK 35 every bit as well built, solid and reliable as my JD 850.
The DK series must be better than the CK20 I owned. It was a decent enough machine, but I had several problems with the ignition switch failing and a few other gremlins. I sold it after 5 years and the resale was lower than a comparable Kubota or Deere. Part of what left a bad taste in my mouth about Kioti was that the dealer I bought my machine from stopped selling Kioti, leaving me without a local source for parts or service.