Contract acceptance Letter

Could I get Some Opinions......all are welcome.....thanks

LOGO

2003 Property Maintenance Contract

Property:

Address:
City/State/Zip:
Date:

Initially I would like to thank you for accepting ----------------------- as your 2003 Property Maintenance Provider.
My primary concern is providing you with a service that makes you “the property owner” very comfortable knowing your property will be maintained at the highest level.
I am very serious about creating long-term relationships with my clients. I hope this will be the beginning of a long and satisfying one. If there are any problems or any questions at all, please feel free to call me, I have my cell phone all day or call me at home. I will do whatever it takes to insure your property is maintained at the level you would expect.
The two attached contracts are options for payment schedules, (12) twelve-month equal payments and monthly payment for services provided. Either option that is selected please sign both and send one signed copy back to me, the other two can be destroyed.
My preference would be the (12) twelve-month equal payment option. It not only allows you an established billing amount, but also honestly will help me out when we are in the off-season. All costs would be the same only spread out over (12) months instead of your payments changing through out the season. If the (12) month plan would be accepted, I would be able to offer you 5% off the total price of services, in turn helping both of us out.
With this option mowing charges will be estimated at (30) thirty mowings per season, all set priced services will be included in the total yearly costs, all unknown per hour services can not be included and would be charged accordingly.
With this option, in December of 2003 a detailed summary of the entire season will be reviewed, any unused portion will be then deducted from the remaining payments due.
Again thank you for choosing --------------------------- and I look forward to getting started with services to your property.

Experience and Treachery will always beat Youth and Enthusiasm.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

First pass at this: drop the I, go to we. Drop the home, use office. Don't offer your cell phone # to everyone. Give it to the client after you know what kind of customer they become. Encourage the use of email !!!! leaves a paper trail and most times easier to respond (it is 24hr communication, no need to worry about the time or date when you hit the send button). with regards... devildog
Old 01-29-2003, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Emphasize the items beneficial to the customer, not you. If I were your customer, I would not care if paying you over 12 months helped you, I am concerned for myself.

I am helping you by giving you my business, after that I really don't care if I help you necessarily, if you know what I mean.

I would also drop the reference to the customer calling you at home if you have a separate business line. There are very few instances I can think of that can't wait till the next day.

You don't want someone who is a PITA customer encouraged to call you at home.

I would try to rework the wording a little to make the options your prefer as far as payment sound beneficial to the customer (ease of budgeting, etc.), so that they are more inclined to pick what you want.

Overall, the tone of the letter is good & I understand your message, but try to slant it to the customer side so it doesn't seem like you are doing things for your benefit.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks guys! Very constructive critique will consider all....thanks again

Old 01-29-2003, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Your payment options should be a part of your contract.. not in your letter. The way I read your letter is that you are practically begging (5% discount) to take the 12 month option. I would drop all that and just leave it at.. you will provide them with highest level of service and thank them for choosing you.

Definitely leave out the call me at home.. have one number and leave it at that.

Good luck.

PS.. Give a discount for prepayment.. for either the whole season or bi-season payment. Not monthly.

establishing roots in the community... www.mdlawns.com
Old 01-29-2003, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Say "grounds maintenance" not property.
Afterall, do you paint the buildings, change the light bulbs, or clean the windows. If not then you are not doing property maintenance.

That's why I hate the phrase lawn maint. because we do more than lawns. We do everything growing in the......ground.
Besides grounds maint. sounds much more professional.
IMO.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Member

New Improved Version

Made suggested changes.....now hows it sound?

Thanks for all the good suggestions....all are very much appreciated!!!

2003 Grounds Maintenance Contract

Property:

Address:
City/State/Zip:
Date:

Initially we would like to thank you for accepting ------------ Lawn Service as your 2003 Grounds Maintenance Provider.
Our primary concern is to provide you with a service that makes you, “the property owner” satisfied. We hope this will be the beginning of a long and gratifying business relationship. We will do whatever it takes to ensure your property is maintained at a high level of quality care.
The two attached contracts are options for payment schedules:
a) The (12) twelve-month equal payment plan.
b) Monthly billings for each services provided.
Please sign both copies of the option you select and return one to me. The other is your copy. The copies of the option you are not interested in can be destroyed.
The (12) Twelve-month equal payment option will make budgeting costs through the year a little easier. All costs would be the same only spread out over (12) months instead of your payments changing throughout the season.
With the (12) month option, mowing charges will be estimated at (30) thirty mowings per season. All set priced services will be included in the total yearly costs. All unknown per hour services cannot be included and would be charged accordingly.
With the (12) month option, a detailed summary of the entire season will be reviewed in December 2003. Any unused portion of the monthly plan will then, be deducted from the remaining payments due.
Again thank you for choosing -------------- Lawn Service and we look forward to getting started with services on your property.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My changes

I have made a few changes as follows. I will also attach the word file so if you like them you can use them easily.

Do you really want to use 12 months?

You might want to consider changing that to 10. I wouldn't want to be in the position of collecting in January and February of 2004 for 2003 work.

Just a thought.

I would also change "contract" to "agreement" and make the payment options part of the agreement. Let them check off whick option they want on the bottom. That way you aren't sending out 2 copies of 2 different agreements.

The less paper they have to deal with (and you too), the better.

I like the KISS rule, the simpler the better if it does the job.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2003 grounds maintenance contract -sample.doc (21.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 01-31-2003, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Member

I would change any refernce to "client" than property owner.
I would also recommend 9 installments March -November.

Look at it this way it's your team (company) let them play your game-give one option payment plan for ease of payment for them. Most given more than one option take forvever to decide.

WE NEVER BILL-PAY AS U GO- only on supplemental services and if material is require usually a deposit is required
Old 02-01-2003, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with devildog about the email. It is a good tool for contacting clients. I have a few customers that live out of state, so I never see them at their properties. Email lets them ask for work done and for me to tell them about a job. Then just print out the email and I have a hard copy on paper if there are any questions in the future.

I list my company as a property management company. I do all the landscaping, lawn maintenance, and snow removal. I sub out any tree work that requires a bucket. I have,waiting on the side for work for their companies, a plumber, painter, and electrician. I am always getting calls from my customers about who to call for extra work to be done. I set up the work with a sub, mark-up the price so I make some money and the sub does the work. The subs also steer my way any landscaping work they get. Everyone is happy: I make money, the subs make money, and the customer gets the work done by only make one phone call to me. The more I can offer the customers, the happier they are, it is less of a chance for them to look for a new contractor.