Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
Dan i cannot belive you just said that. I took the boom out to dig And i cant get it back in. Its in my yard still like that.. I have a friend coming tomm to help me put it back in.. Let me ask you something what if there is no place to push the extendahoe against now what?? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha, well then I guess you'll just have to boom it all the way back and ride around like that for a while - it should actually stay pretty good because that's what I did my first couple of times out and it really didn't float down much.

I'll be curious to see what suggestions your friend has to offer (as well as anyone else on the forum), maybe I'm missing the trick all together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
is the snow pusher that much more effective for pushing snow than the backhoe's shovel?
Most definitely. Think about the vast volume difference between a 10' pusher and the bucket.

Here's mine in all her glory:

Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nice backhoe any reason for going with the 4in1 over a regular bucket
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Congrats! The machine looks real clean and has some low hours for a '05. If you don't mind sharing about how much did you pick it up for?

Also, There is a trick to getting the Case boom to lock. We had a Case 580k and you would have to swing the boom back fast enough to get it to lock and once you catch on it's easy. Hopefully you friend can show you how it's done.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmover View Post
Congrats! The machine looks real clean and has some low hours for a '05. If you don't mind sharing about how much did you pick it up for?

Also, There is a trick to getting the Case boom to lock. We had a Case 580k and you would have to swing the boom back fast enough to get it to lock and once you catch on it's easy. Hopefully you friend can show you how it's done.
Paid 35 k. I tried doing that with the boom i dont know what the hell is going on
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
nice backhoe any reason for going with the 4in1 over a regular bucket
4in1 is just better in general for street work cleaning up and even loading trucks just open it up and let the material come right out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

locking the backhoe was something that had me nervous as well when i demoed one. the salesman just said to bring it iin at full speed and it would lock. I figured it's his machine and did it. man it was close to the glass. a little unnerving the first time. after that i just looked the other and pulled the lever. good luck with it.
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice PowerTan!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bring the boom in easy, no more than half speed. Reverse the direction (left stick forward) just before it gets to the lock. It should ease right in. Nice machine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2012, 04:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the 580 SM (series 1 I guess you call it) in the Army, replaced the SEE Truck for those that where equipment operator's. Its been a awesome machine other than some of the Army modifcations I.E. the cab.

Easiest way to get the bucket to lock, and it will freak you out at first and some practice with it. 1/2 to full throtle, bring the the arm back all the way, lower it about 6 inches, pull the stick back all the way, right when it reaches that apex before the arm bounces push the stick forward. Its tricky to explain, and its alot easier to just sit next to someone and walk them threw it.

If you need any help with anything else feel free to ask, I went through Case's factory training on that machine when our unit picked them up.

Sorry KSSS its no longer power tan, but power drab?????

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
I use the 580 SM (series 1 I guess you call it) in the

Easiest way to get the bucket to lock, and it will freak you out at first and some practice with it. 1/2 to full throtle, bring the the arm back all the way, lower it about 6 inches, pull the stick back all the way, right when it reaches that apex before the arm bounces push the stick forward. Its tricky to explain, and its alot easier to just sit next to someone and walk them threw it.
Well said. Right when you feel the stick is done coming back at you, you push forward...nicely...and it'll lock. Very easy to do. Watch this youtube link below at 7:12 and you can see where the hoe wants to stop coming up. I've seen some idiots slam the hoe back because they jam the lever forward thinking the faster they do it (and the higher the throttle) the better...good way to break the latch/lock. You'll get good enough at it that you won't have to bring it up, then lower it then bring it back. You just bring it up and latch it and go...just like the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDx3v...gOwuZQ&index=9

Nice hoe btw. Nice to see a case hoe on this forum. Now don't forget to update with pics on the job.