Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLot View Post
Diesel too looks real nice yea I'm prob gonna get something just like that
mileage is up there for an 2008 at 149,000 but in my opinion that means anything that was gonna go wrong with the truck already has probably, and that it was a reliable truck will probably continue to be reliable for at least another 200,000 maybe even another 300,000. Now if i was to buy that truck, right from the get go i would do the towing mirrors on it, xlt lights harley davidson edition, so they are smoked, maybe some wheels and tires, swap out the bench seat for buckets, and delete the dpf, and do a spartan tuner, especially if you are going to be the only one driving it, you will love the better fuel economy you will get, and added power for towing. that's just me. I probably wouldn't buy that particular truck because it doesn't have cab lights but that's up to you, and I want all my trucks to match. They will all have smoked head lights, smoked turn signals, black front bumpers, black grills, black rear bumpers, and tints, 35% on the sides, and 20 on the back window. also fisher plow mounts on every truck. that's just me, I like uniformity.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

what a waste of crap and money on work trucks.

my work truck is my personal truck as well and I wouldn't waste money on all that sheot.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
what a waste of crap and money on work trucks.

my work truck is my personal truck as well and I wouldn't waste money on all that sheot.
you are right, instead of "wasting money" improving the look of a truck, just hand it over to the government and let them waste it for you. much better idea
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
you are right, instead of "wasting money" improving the look of a truck, just hand it over to the government and let them waste it for you. much better idea
well I certainly wouldn't make my work truck look anything but basic.

I wouldn't waste money putting lens covers on the lights, or nice wheels like if it were a personal vehicle.

it screams stupid when I see someone who has a truck that has nice rims, a flame paint job and blackouts on the truck.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
well I certainly wouldn't make my work truck look anything but basic.

I wouldn't waste money putting lens covers on the lights, or nice wheels like if it were a personal vehicle.

it screams stupid when I see someone who has a truck that has nice rims, a flame paint job and blackouts on the truck.
no one said anything about a flame paint job or lens covers on the lights, I said actually changing the whole light assembly to the xlt one vs. the cheap looking xl lights that the truck above has. and no one said anything about blackouts on a truck, I said tint the windows and tastefully at that, 35% is legal, as a matter of fact, most vehicles have tinted windows from the factory on all windows except the front two and windshield. it actually shields you from uv rays, by allowing less light to enter the cab from the sides and back window.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think truck mods are tax deductable. Making a work truck look respectable is one thing, but a kid near me with an excavation company has a work truck with a 6" lift and a skid tank in the back. Doesn't make sense IMHO.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
no one said anything about a flame paint job or lens covers on the lights, I said actually changing the whole light assembly to the xlt one vs. the cheap looking xl lights that the truck above has. and no one said anything about blackouts on a truck, I said tint the windows and tastefully at that, 35% is legal, as a matter of fact, most vehicles have tinted windows from the factory on all windows except the front two and windshield. it actually shields you from uv rays, by allowing less light to enter the cab from the sides and back window.
i know exactly what you said. i just added the others in there for example from what i've personally seen.

i personally wouldn't do anything to a work truck unless it was broke. the standard look from the standard lights are just fine. the windows are just fine the way they are for a work truck.

work trucks don't need to look fancy, they pull a trailer full of equipment and are sometimes loaded with grass and debris.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

looks cool kinda pointless though but its there truck i dont see why it matters what anyone else thinks lol
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles landscape View Post
looks cool kinda pointless though but its there truck i dont see why it matters what anyone else thinks lol
i don't really think it does matter what anyone else things. but i have an opinion just like everyone else does.

and mine is it's a waste of money to pimp out your work truck. just pull a truck off the lot and use it as is. why put money into it with fancy lights, wheels and a tint job.

just my opinion though.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My idea of dressing up my work truck is going with the raised white letters on the tires!