Register free!

Old 02-18-2003, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks I`ll try walmart tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Is nut grass and nut sedge the same? Is there such a thing as nut grass?
14ft Trailer
Ryan Lawnaire
Old 02-19-2003, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure what Nut Grass is for sure but have had customer call sedge by that name. The U of Florida lists three types of weeds. Broad leafs, Grassy weeds and Sedges. Common varieties in southern turf are Yellow Nut Sedge, Purple Nut Sedge and Globe Nut Sedge.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I use manage. I was chasing nutsedge all summer. the lawn would be clean besides it I have stayed away from image since I had some spells of turf browning out. I use it to spray over varigated liriope though. I did notice that most of the problem areas were areas that held water after a hard rain. I just pray that I will not have to chase it as much this year. I have used pennant in landscape beds that were bad and it worked well. dont charge extra for sedge control because I sell weed control...its a weed...will do control on normal app and one service call... after that I would charge but it is usually under control by then..
Old 02-26-2003, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Manage was a great addition to our program when it came along. The old basagran days were always a pain.

We have never had any phyto problems with Manage. YN is certainly a problem on over irrigated lawns, and it has increased in our area as home irrigation systems have become more prevalent. But it can become established and a pest on any lawn if conditions are right for the proper length of time.

Check with your suppliers. Sometimes you can get a good early season deal on Manage if you purchase multiple containers.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

++++Pss Manage (halosulfuron) is only good for about 6 hour after mixed. after that it is no longer effective++++

That isn't listed on the label anywhere. If it's true, I would think they would mention that on the label somewhere.

Think about this...everytime you treat a single lawn, typically, you'r not treating 1,000 sq ft, which requires the mixture of a gallon of water.

Typically, Nutsedge is only found in very small patches, perhaps 100 sq ft at a time. I suppose it could be found in larger patches, but I've never seen a 1,000 sq ft patch of nutsedge.

If the stuff doesn't work 6 hours after it's mixed, what are we supposed to be doing with the remaining 9/10ths of the gallon? Why wouldn't they mention this detail on the label?

Thanks,
DFW, TX