Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Value on this T300?

after doing some figuring on where i want to go with my landscape/tree company and my new sandbagging/flood control company. im looking at the larger sized machines for lift capacity and power.
the sandbagging attachment weighs in at approx 2800#s loaded, so im want something that can lift and move this around pretty quick and load dump trucks etc...

i have a friend who is updating his rental fleet. takes immaculate care of his machines and has great machanics. what type of value would you guys put on this T300. waiting for him to give me a price on it this week. just want something to compare too

2007 or 2008 (cant remember off hand)
approx 800hrs
hand/foot controls, full cab ac/heat, radio
keypad start, power tach (quick attach),
high flow, tracks look good
Attached Images

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 12-09-2012, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks very clean but the graphics would lead me to believe it is not a k series machine which would make it pre 2006 .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sean i wasnt too sure on the year. Wht type of price mite i be looking at?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Around here with those hours and that condition I would say 38-40k easily.

If you are leaning towards Bobcat I would go for a used M-series. We have a T750 and a T770 and they are both great machines. I like the T770 better with the pilot controls and 2 speed. If we could have found a T770 equipped similarly to the T770 we had we would have bought another one instead of the T750 but none were to be found. On long days your body will thank you if you get pilot controls, air ride seat and the suspension in the rollers.

The 4-5k more up front is worth it. IMO
Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can get that machine with the same amount of hours for $25k, like TSS said its pre-2006. Get a T770, they are awesome machines.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jacob- Around here about 28k for that machine. I completely agree on getting the pilot controls as well.But if he sells it for the right price...

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
Jacob- Around here about 28k for that machine. I completely agree on getting the pilot controls as well.But if he sells it for the right price...
Ive also thought about the pilot controls. Especially running the machine for so long during a storm etc..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We traded out of our 2009 T320 that was fully loaded with the joystick controls and 1300 hrs for around $32K last year. That machine you're looking at should only be worth about $25-28K like a few other said.

And like others said, joystick controls are a lifesaver when you spend long hours in a machine. Also, I'll backup everyone's opinions of the T770- its a beast of a machine. If you could find a used one in decent shape and can swing a higher payment, it would be worth it in terms of how your body will like you at the end of the day.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 12-09-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info everybody.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Ive also thought about the pilot controls. Especially running the machine for so long during a storm etc..
Posted via Mobile Device
I know you don't plow snow down there but I spent 12 hours straight last night in our T770 pushing snow at all of our accounts and I was so glad I had pilot controls/joystick controls. No fatigue whatsoever and I remember with our T300 my shoulders were beyond sore the next morning.

And I was wrong about that T300, it's older than what I figured but used equipment seems to go for a lot here because of the oil boom in ND especially with those hours. I say with those hours it would still be 30k. Heck our T300 we traded in this Spring had 2k hrs on it and it was an 06 we still got 30k on trade for it.

If you can swing it try to find a used T770.