Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
That is a good point. Usually with the ones that want separate prices its on installs though. But its the same principle.
Posted via Mobile Device
I usually give new customers a flat monthly rate plan for everything we do as part of the "full service landscape maint. Package". I try not to break it down and itemize it cause that's when the people start nit picking my full service plan tying to eliminate things like fert & pesticide treatments. The worst is how everyone wants there lawn done just every other week. I just tell them we don't do that. We come every week, like it or not.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensation Man View Post
I usually give new customers a flat monthly rate plan for everything we do as part of the "full service landscape maint. Package". I try not to break it down and itemize it cause that's when the people start nit picking my full service plan tying to eliminate things like fert & pesticide treatments. The worst is how everyone wants there lawn done just every other week. I just tell them we don't do that. We come every week, like it or not.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's what I'll be doing from now on for full service proposals. I don't want to deal with "Oh, in July it's hot and it won't need to be mowed every week" when it reality, the grass grows like crazy in July, especially on north sides of houses.
Or, "Oh, I don't need the granular fertilizer, I can do that myself with the stuff from the store". That one really makes me mad, does anyone have anything to combat that excuse?
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I eliminated bi-weekly's this year also, I learned on my first install why NOT to break down pricing, I got picked apart but after about the third picking I told them I had given all I was going to give and they were either going to go with it or not, but I wasn't going to eliminate anymore work from the original quote. I've learned to be a bit tougher this year with the customers, but the fact that we have a full schedule already, helps.Last year we were in "need work mode" not this year at least not now.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
That's what I'll be doing from now on for full service proposals. I don't want to deal with "Oh, in July it's hot and it won't need to be mowed every week" when it reality, the grass grows like crazy in July, especially on north sides of houses.
Or, "Oh, I don't need the granular fertilizer, I can do that myself with the stuff from the store". That one really makes me mad, does anyone have anything to combat that excuse?
I just tell them that I don't do just part of the program it's all or nothing! We are a full service company and provide full service not partial service.If they want to skip mowings they still get charged the same, it's not their option to skip servicing dates, you really have to be firm and comfortable with the fact they might walk away but that's ok, thank them for considering your company and move on.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot to add, I will no longer be accepting anyone that wants biweekly, even if they say they like doing it every other week. F#ck that. I'll also most likely laugh when people call in June/July for one time cuts.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I just tell them that I don't do just part of the program it's all or nothing! We are a full service company and provide full service not partial service.If they want to skip mowings they still get charged the same, it's not their option to skip servicing dates, you really have to be firm and comfortable with the fact they might walk away but that's ok, thank them for considering your company and move on.
I like that. I'll be doing that from now on. The challenge is getting the people that I just signed on last year with a fall clean up & did snow for that, as of right now, I'm not sure what they want exactly but I will sell full service like no tomorrow.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We don't do one times either what a joke some people can be.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a few last year (maybe 5) but will not even be wasting my time with that garbage. After this last storm where I did one 1-time plow on a resi, I will not be doing 1 time plowing either. Just stupid and a huge waste of time and energy for what it yields.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

We don't have to worry about the plowing thank goodness! Looks like your about to graduate school congrats!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

i hate when the customers yell at you for using there lawn furniture for lunch. I mean the music isnt that loud, me and the boys all have medical licenses, we will pick up the beer cans, and urine is great fertilizer for your bushes.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
We don't have to worry about the plowing thank goodness! Looks like your about to graduate school congrats!
I'd take the heat & humidity of the south over the extreme cold and snow here! And thanks!
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Tags
invoicing , problems , routing , software