Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how is this for a doorhanger?

i am gonna print them on my own, looking for a good place online to buy blank door hangers. any suggested places? they are gonna be 3.6X8.5

this is a rough draft, still need to make some visual changes to make some of the fonts easier to read as well as the phone number. not sure if i'm gonna use the frog image or not, i like it alot so far though, seems to jump out and make you look. (its a comp image right now, haven't purchased the image yet)

just wondering how the overall layout seems for a door hanger, with the offers? to much info??
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i am gonna print them on my own
Looking good. When people say they'll go the DIY printing route, especially color, it always scares me. Do you have a proper printer to pull that off? Your logo and the frog would be the two main areas of concern.

Realizing it's a draft, and what you've mentioned, I'll still offer up:

- If the stock is white, I wouldn't go with a white phone number, outlined or not.

- The top two lines both end in exclamation points. I'd drop the second one.

- Granted, red-eyed tree frogs are eye-catching, but what does it have to do with anything?

- Print a test copy to see how your varied shades of green look. I'm seeing 4, distinct greens.

- Check your punctuation when you have a final draft.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If your sold I would not use coupons or do anything free or for 19$.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my test page looks good. at 3.6 x 8.5 it was still readable by me without my glasses, and thats saying alot. the color looks good enough printed. i've done my own postcards for fall season last year, i'm using a cheap epson stylus printer. but i don't see any issues. probally cheaper to get it done somewheres though.. which i may do eventually. gonna atleast run off the first few rounds i hand out on my own though...

i asked myself the same about the tree frog, which my wife loves.. but not sure it has its place on a lawn care flyer.. but he appears to be jumping out of grass.. lol. however its a little different, thats why i kinda like it so far. still looking around on that. my phone number is supposed to be green, web logo black, working on that part for the final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Looking good. When people say they'll go the DIY printing route, especially color, it always scares me. Do you have a proper printer to pull that off? Your logo and the frog would be the two main areas of concern.

Realizing it's a draft, and what you've mentioned, I'll still offer up:

- If the stock is white, I wouldn't go with a white phone number, outlined or not.

- The top two lines both end in exclamation points. I'd drop the second one.

- Granted, red-eyed tree frogs are eye-catching, but what does it have to do with anything?

- Print a test copy to see how your varied shades of green look. I'm seeing 4, distinct greens.

- Check your punctuation when you have a final draft.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

up in the air with the free mowing, may change that.. 19 dollar app may go to 25.. as i've always done. in the fall i offered 10 dollars off first treatment. every company in the area has that discounted first app offer, so i feel like i gotta jump on that band wagon for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
If your sold I would not use coupons or do anything free or for 19$.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just curious, why 7th mow?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

no reason in particular, i definetly want the customer to stick with me atleast that long to get a free mow. i'm changing it up now anyways.. i am going to offer a free mow mid season for customers who sign up for both mowing and turf care together. i guess i'm getting pretty desperate, because last season i started up around the end of july, and i could hardly give my services away.. i did a poor job at getting the name out there this past year. gonna try harder this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
just curious, why 7th mow?
Old 12-15-2012, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my phone doesn't take that good of pics, but here is what they look like finished so far, i ran off 100 this morning. the card stock seems to be sturdy enough.. 110# stock for the white, 65# for the neon green. I am trying to find a different coupon to replace the free mowing one, but gonna let these 100 go out like that. gonna start getting these out right after new years. the neon green stands out on a door more, since people normally don't go in through the front door i'm thinking they will notice it on the door as they drive up much more easy if it stands out well.

i know they don't look as good as a nice glossy full size door hanger, but this is gonna be much cheaper than $200+ bucks for 1000 hangers. I should get 1000 for under 100 from the looks of it. i went with the tree frog jumping out of grass.. couldn't really find anything else i liked to good.
Attached Images