Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2012, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I'm curious where in the south east are you. you don't get snow in dec or march???
i live in northeast alabama. we might get a flurry in late december but it's rare. most of the time if we get any snow at all it's in jan or feb. we did have a blizzard in 1993 that was in late march/early april but that is very out of the ordinary. most of the time by march it's already up into the 60s. it's very much like the atlanta area. the weather here is nuts. one day it's 75 here and the next it's 25. then it goes back up to like 60 the following day. if it snows here it usually is gone within a few days unless we have a blizzard like that one time and it stays all week. that's the only time it's happened in my entire life down here. back in 1993. we do get cold weather here in jan and feb where it may stay in the 20s or teens for a week or so. it usually never snows during that time though. it's like it's too cold to snow or something lol. usually when it snows here the weather is around 30-32 degrees exactly and then it warms up and all the snow melts quickly. we might have a day or two to play in the snow that's about it. that's why when it snows here everything just shuts down. schools, businesses, restaurants, etc. it only lasts a day or two and then everything opens back up when it's over. back in 93' though everything was shut down for a week and noone had power all week. possible but extremely rare down here.

Last edited by weeze; 12-15-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont think winterizing takes too much time. plus this would create a lot more pollution
Old 12-16-2012, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
I'm just the opposite. I used to wait until before the season, but now get everything ready to roll the first day of cutting the next spring shortly after shutting down for the winter. I have all my blades sharpened (15 sets), replaced the grinding wheel on my Mag-n-Matic, replaced the air hose on my compressor and have everything completely full of fuel. Come spring, all I have to do is hook up the trailer and head out. Much less stressful, for myself, than having to get everything ready at the last minute.
I do the same, but I just tank up the stuff at shop before heading out. I think it varnish up the carb from sitting

Website
Like our Facebook Page!
Snapper CP218520
Snapper 21351PD new engine
LawnBoy 10227 wi/bagger
Kawasaki KRB650B
Stihl BG55
John Deere
Shindaiwa T242
Shindaiwa RS41
Husqvarna 445 saw
Stihl MS210C
Kawasaki KHDS600A
Stihl KM90R wi/ trimmer/blower/edger
2014 Quality Steel and Aluminum 5x8 Utility Trailer.
Toro single stage snow thrower.

Click here for my work thread!
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Old 12-16-2012, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Every piece of equipment I have is run a minimun of ten minutes every week if not in use. Of couse I put sea foam in it also and I use non ethanol gas also in everything. Since using non ethanol gas haven't replaced lines or bubbles to pump up fuel like I use to. I pretty much use blowers year round to clear customers gutters, drives, parking lots, leaf clean up until end of Feb depending on how cold and leaf drop end and then mowing begins end of Feb or first of March. Always have something to do, trimming bushes,spreading mulch, pinestraw, or whatever so things are always running.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7625 View Post
Every piece of equipment I have is run a minimun of ten minutes every week if not in use. Of couse I put sea foam in it also and I use non ethanol gas also in everything. Since using non ethanol gas haven't replaced lines or bubbles to pump up fuel like I use to. I pretty much use blowers year round to clear customers gutters, drives, parking lots, leaf clean up until end of Feb depending on how cold and leaf drop end and then mowing begins end of Feb or first of March. Always have something to do, trimming bushes,spreading mulch, pinestraw, or whatever so things are always running.
You are doing what I do .Non ethanol gas is must I fly BIG RC AIR PLANES with 111cc twin and the day I was hovering 2 foot off the ground the engine sputter it fail broke a $50 prop and bent the landing gear so from then on I use Non ethanol gas in every thing.At now it is $3.199.