Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi,

I am a recent home owner and would like to introduce myself. I bought a house at 8/11/2012 and finding out how much time it takes to take care of yard work. I am looking for a message board where I could learn more about it.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are one of the 10% of homeowner's that really want a green homestead and you aren't afraid of spending time and money to do that, then you can learn something. How would you describe your situation right now ?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks agrostis

Thank you agrostis. I am not even close to 10% who want extremely perfect lawn. I just want my lawn to look good.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to Lawnsite David.

There is a thread search function if you have a question about something in particular and want to read what has already been discussed about it. I usually use the advanced search and often toggle on the "search titles only" option for my searches because otherwise I tend to get way too many matches that may or may not be applicable.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

David Welcome! As a homeowner who has been on this site for a couple years I can tell you there is a wealth of information available here and the pros are pretty good about helping out if the search feature doesn't provide all the info you might need. Agrostis is right ....depending on your situation having a nice lawn involves a time as well as a financial commitment. It all depends on where your satisfaction level falls......
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy View Post
David Welcome! As a homeowner who has been on this site for a couple years I can tell you there is a wealth of information available here and the pros are pretty good about helping out if the search feature doesn't provide all the info you might need. Agrostis is right ....depending on your situation having a nice lawn involves a time as well as a financial commitment. It all depends on where your satisfaction level falls......
David: Just a warning...some of the pros can be a little ummmm.....harsh at times.....try not to take it personally.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not seeking perfection can make it easier on you. One of the first step's is to figure out what climactic zone you are in.

http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/Default.aspx
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the site. There is a lot of good info. here, some maybe not as good. But hopefully you'll find what you're looking for and if not, don't be afraid to ask.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome...please ask questions and maybe contribute by giving your perspective as a customer
Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, one other thing David...we like pictures. It's a lot easier for us to help you if we can see it and it can save a lot of typing too. If you have trouble figuring out how to post them (many do), feel free to ask.