Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-14-2012, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
snag made a homeowner machine?
Freedom should be labeled homeowner model and not commercial. They lowered their standards a lot to call it commericial
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Why would they do ECS controls on a Scag WB with the Pro-V out there? I've used a Pro-V and I've owned two Scag's with the pistol grip's and the Pro-V is like heaven compared to the pistol grips. I don't see them putting money into a new design considering the just came out with the Pro-V.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
Why would they do ECS controls on a Scag WB with the Pro-V out there? I've used a Pro-V and I've owned two Scag's with the pistol grip's and the Pro-V is like heaven compared to the pistol grips. I don't see them putting money into a new design considering the just came out with the Pro-V.

Uhhhhhh because the pro-v sucks.... LOL

Thats just my opinion and everyone elses in my area that has owned and gotten the hell rid of them. The sheer number of those things they have sold pretty much saids it all. Our scag rep said those have been a flop when it comes to #'s sold atleast in his branch. I know hes right in this area for sure because when the first came out they were on seems like every mowing trailer around and within a year I noticed they were no more....... PPL were back to there exmarks.

If they do in fact do go to to similar controls as the ecs I think they will sell the heck out of them. We put our exmark 48s in ditches and embankments that the pro-v would simply not hold on. Simple as that. That also agreed upon per the scag rep I talked to last year at expo......... he pretty much said flat out last year at expo that ecs controls was where exmark was killing them on the market when it came to walk behinds and I have to agree because I think scag builds a darn good machine that will last just like exmark but not as user friendly. It Wasnt for me anyways per calluses and gorilla forearms......... Fatigue........ Scag needs to step up the game on there walk behinds for sure. There current ones with pistol grips simply don't sell like competitor exmark. But Why?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Uhhhhhh because the pro-v sucks.... LOL

Thats just my opinion and everyone elses in my area that has owned and gotten the hell rid of them. The sheer number of those things they have sold pretty much saids it all. Our scag rep said those have been a flop when it comes to #'s sold atleast in his branch. I know hes right in this area for sure because when the first came out they were on seems like every mowing trailer around and within a year I noticed they were no more....... PPL were back to there exmarks.

If they do in fact do go to to similar controls as the ecs I think they will sell the heck out of them. We put our exmark 48s in ditches and embankments that the pro-v would simply not hold on. Simple as that. That also agreed upon per the scag rep I talked to last year at expo......... he pretty much said flat out last year at expo that ecs controls was where exmark was killing them on the market when it came to walk behinds and I have to agree because I think scag builds a darn good machine that will last just like exmark but not as user friendly. It Wasnt for me anyways per calluses and gorilla forearms......... Fatigue........ Scag needs to step up the game on there walk behinds for sure. There current ones with pistol grips simply don't sell like competitor exmark. But Why?
I guess it's a matter of opinion but I liked the Pro-V when I was using it. We put it in all types of conditions and it did great for us. In fact, my worker fell in love with it and wanted me to buy it but I wasn't in the market for one at the time. It beats the heck out of pistol grips.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
I guess it's a matter of opinion but I liked the Pro-V when I was using it. We put it in all types of conditions and it did great for us. In fact, my worker fell in love with it and wanted me to buy it but I wasn't in the market for one at the time. It beats the heck out of pistol grips.
Oh I would even have to agree with that!!!! Those pistol grips are insane on a man......... Thats for sure!

I guess everyone has there "dream mower" in mind. Atleast I do and Ive always said that If I was handy and capable Ide take a new scag and get rid of the pistol grip bars and replace it with ecs controls from an exmark. Yeah I know, I need a hobby!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad scag wouldn't do the controls like my Gravely hydro walk behind. The pro-steer controls are tricky to get used to at first but really speed things up once you learn them.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
Too bad scag wouldn't do the controls like my Gravely hydro walk behind. The pro-steer controls are tricky to get used to at first but really speed things up once you learn them.
You need to write a review with pics! Im very interested in a 52 pro steer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
You need to write a review with pics! Im very interested in a 52 pro steer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Get it. I demo'd one the other day and loved it. I plan on getting the 48 inch next year and the 52 later on.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church2224 View Post
Get it. I demo'd one the other day and loved it. I plan on getting the 48 inch next year and the 52 later on.
Nice! Did you get any pics? I have yet to see a pro-steer in person.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Nice! Did you get any pics? I have yet to see a pro-steer in person.
Not yet, when I pick it up I will grab some pictures and start a thread about it. The controls look much better in real life plus they feel just like a ZTR. Also the Pro Walk Hydros are all orange now, they use to be orange with black handles and back around the gas tank.