Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-17-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church2224 View Post
Not yet, when I pick it up I will grab some pictures and start a thread about it. The controls look much better in real life plus they feel just like a ZTR. Also the Pro Walk Hydros are all orange now, they use to be orange with black handles and back around the gas tank.
I can't wait!!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just looked up that gravely pro steer. THAT THING LOOKS AWESOME I MUST SAY! I may have to see bout trying one of those things out sometime. That is the look and stance im hoping scag will go with. Im just sold on that velocity deck in the conditions im in.......

Heres a question, does the pro steer 48" wb have that new kick but deck??
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
I just looked up that gravely pro steer. THAT THING LOOKS AWESOME I MUST SAY! I may have to see bout trying one of those things out sometime. That is the look and stance im hoping scag will go with. Im just sold on that velocity deck in the conditions im in.......

Heres a question, does the pro steer 48" wb have that new kick but deck??
You know, I have to check it out. I will say the pro steer units cut like no other. Highly recommend them. Plus the frame and deck are guaranteed for life, no other walk-behind has that kind of warranted.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is a pic I found online of a 2012. Anyone got a pic of the 2013?
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church2224 View Post
You know, I have to check it out. I will say the pro steer units cut like no other. Highly recommend them. Plus the frame and deck are guaranteed for life, no other walk-behind has that kind of warranted.
thats awesome, well maybe ill check them out. My exmark is only used for steep embankments and ditches but the deck just doesnt cut weedy grasses very well like my scag velocity deck thats why I was hoping scag would come out with something similar to this mower your recommending and then I would have the deck I love also.

Ive got a gravely dealer pretty close to me but they are more a tractor dealer and ive never seen a wb mower there just z-turns. Id like to try out those controls. Im all about trying something new!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got two pictures of it, one computer generated image of the 61 inch they released last year, and one from their Facebook page from an LCO who bought a few 36 inchers along with some standers and Pro Turns. Also to note all Gravely walk behinds are floating deck, even the 32 incher.

Last edited by Church2224; 12-17-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
thats awesome, well maybe ill check them out. My exmark is only used for steep embankments and ditches but the deck just doesnt cut weedy grasses very well like my scag velocity deck thats why I was hoping scag would come out with something similar to this mower your recommending and then I would have the deck I love also.

Ive got a gravely dealer pretty close to me but they are more a tractor dealer and ive never seen a wb mower there just z-turns. Id like to try out those controls. Im all about trying something new!!
That is what I benefited from. My Gravely dealer just became one this year and had a few hydro and belt drive walk behinds in stock as well as a few standers and a Pro Turn 400 in stock. I would talk to them and see if you can do a demo. I am sure they would want to appease some one who is going to drop 7k for a walk behind mower. If not call Gravely themselves and see what they could do.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You will see this spring the Scag reps out with some prototype w/b that they already have 4K hrs of testing in the really world and going for opinions for fit and finish this spring.

They have a fabricated style control area with v ride style controls. It has a freedom style deck and spindles. Guessing it's a like the budget belt drive but with hydro's. Also Kawi FS engine.

I have a wait and see approach but not what I wanted. I wanted a Pro-V build with Vride controls.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
You will see this spring the Scag reps out with some prototype w/b that they already have 4K hrs of testing in the really world and going for opinions for fit and finish this spring.

They have a fabricated style control area with v ride style controls. It has a freedom style deck and spindles. Guessing it's a like the budget belt drive but with hydro's. Also Kawi FS engine.

I have a wait and see approach but not what I wanted. I wanted a Pro-V build with Vride controls.
Might as well stick with Toro, Gravely or Exmark if it is like the budget model. Sucks to hear that.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

scag needs to build there top of the line wb like gravely did...... Hell Id even consider a gravely but when I demoed one this spring it simply would not mow dewy grass or clover like my velocity deck......... I wouldnt be such a scag fan but there deck is unmatched in this neck of the woods........

Yeah if its gonna be half assed they can keep it............ Did gravely come out with an even newer deck???? Like with a wide opening like scag???