Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

First thread, NEW COMPANY

Hey guys,
This is my first official thread. It's been a long time coming. I'm a new landscape business owner located in Rhode Isalnd. Planning to get married in about about two years so believe now is the proper time to begin to setup for my future. I've purchased a 2010 2/4 ford f150 to get me started hauling my equipment. I have several Stihl products and am looking to buy my first snow blower here in the next coupe of days.

Big questions!
1. Any suggestions on how to develop clientele/accounts at a quick rate?
2. What are fair prices for fall cleanups (judging by acres) and snow removal?

Responses are greatly appreciated and desired. Any help will go a long way! Look forward to developing give and take with everybody. Good luck to everybody as the snow season begins.

Cheers,
Owner SLM
Trevor Stricklin
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Good luck with you're new business. What type of services are you providing to Rhode Island? Mowing? Mulch and Maint.? design and build?

While sometimes it can be a wrong move to do business with family and friends, I would target them first in you're situation. Ideally you would want to set up customers before purchasing all of you're equipment. Also maybe put adds in your local paper for services. I live in a small town here in PA. you would be amazed at how many people still look at the classifieds in small towns.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

At the moment we're providing: Landscape Maintenance & Installation as well as Seasonal Cleanups. Thanks for your advice. I have pamphlets, a website, advertising on social media sites, and in my spare time go door to door. I'll check into the paper classifieds. Sounds promising!