Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-14-2012, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just Kicked-off My Christmas Promotion. Do you run xmas promos?

Hey Everyone,

I just kicked-off the start of my 12 Days of Christmas Facebook Campaign yesterday. The basic premise is there's a calendar on my facebook page and a new coupon, sweepstake, or instant prize is revealed each day until all 12 days are unlocked. The end of this promotion is Dec. 31st.

Objectives:
  1. Get new Facebook likes - You must be a fan of our facebook page to view the calendar
  2. Increase brand recognition
  3. Upsell my other services
  4. Gain new customers

I have actually set it up to work mostly in my favor. 3 of the 12 days are coupons. The coupon discounts get larger and larger as you get closer to the 12th day. There are 2 reasons for this. The coupons are setup as a secured PDF that prints a uneditable print date at the bottom of the coupon. The print date must fall within the specified print date range stated on the coupon. For example, yesterday's coupon must have a print date between 12/13/12 - 12/31/12 to be valid where as today's coupon must have a print date of 12/14/12 - 12/31/12. As the offers increase, the amount of valid days to print them decreases. I also have made the coupons valid for different seasons. Therefore, the spring coupons are among the first to be revealed and have less savings because there is more time to print them. There is also less time between the print date and the coupon valid date. Basically, the way it will work in my advantage is that they have to print the coupon, hold onto it and save it for several months before they can redeem it. The fall coupons that will be revealed close to the 12th day will be very high discounts, but you have to hold onto it for almost a year to redeem. We all know how hard it can be to lose a coupon. Therefore, there is a high promotion participation but I am expecting a somewhat low redemption rate. Therefore, I accomplish my objectives at a minimal expense to me.

If that went WAY over your head, you can view the promotion on Facebook here: http://kirkslc.me/klc12days

Here is a screenshot:

Tags
christmas , facebook , holiday , promotion , sale