Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Labor Rates in NE Atlanta Metro

I'm a solo guy right now, been in business for 9 months. Hoping to expand in 2013 and at least add one part time or full time employee.

What are the current hourly rates to PAY employees in this industry, in this area?

Right now I do mowing only, but am adding shrubs, aeration, cleanups, etc. Most likely will also add pesticide applications early in 2013.

I want to be competitive with my employee wages so that I get good quality folks right from the start.

Any help would me much appreciated.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on experience level helpers typically 10-12/hr crew leaders start at 14 and up again depending on experience and level of responsibilty. Just don't start so high so they have no where to go, I don't pay my guys as much as I would like but I give them small benefits along the way to try and even it out.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrabites View Post
I'm a solo guy right now, been in business for 9 months. Hoping to expand in 2013 and at least add one part time or full time employee.

What are the current hourly rates to PAY employees in this industry, in this area?

Right now I do mowing only, but am adding shrubs, aeration, cleanups, etc. Most likely will also add pesticide applications early in 2013.

I want to be competitive with my employee wages so that I get good quality folks right from the start.

Any help would me much appreciated.
Most of the golf courses start guys out at 8/hr in that area. 8-10/hr is pretty standard from the guys I talk to.

Tags
employees , hourly rate , labor , rates