Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-30-2003, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ztf 1000

Anybody seen one of these out in the field yet. Wonder how much they cost.

www.junglejimsap.com/ztf.htm
Old 01-30-2003, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry but no cup of tea

Wondering what they base thier facts on cause i cannot see that saving any time. To me it would be just a pain all around. Think about it you have to transport the machine to every job so now it is taking up way too much space. Also you are now running fuel for that and the accesories (trimmers, blowers). Try to trim a ditch or go over a curb or do trees that are about 8ft apart (dizzy feeling). This in my mind might be useful for something but its place in the Lawn Care Industry is not to be found.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I remember when it was introduced in KY, everyone thought it was silly. So did I until now. I can see where it would be very useful but, not everyone has a need for it. There will probably be copy cats and/or improvements too. I'm thinking it's a hydro. Being able to drive it with your feet is very unique. I'd think that having your hands free would lend it to spreader/spraying also.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is the biggest waste of money, but that is my opinion.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I couldnt use anything like that, but I could see if a company maintained a large mall or maybe a large acreage mowing account. That would be a leathal little leaf pusher with a JRCO leaf blower buggy on the front of that thing. Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-30-2003, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Boy, I bet your knees would kill you at the end of the day using that thingI do like the flames on it though!
Old 01-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Banned

They made some impovements over the original and had it on display at the show in Somerset NJ.
They added wheelie bars in the back so it can't tip over backwards.
They added a grade alarm that sounds if you go over 27degrees on a slope.
They added a headlight and a rear orange beacon light for safety.
They changed the front bar/pad that holds you in.
And I think they said they changed the blower holder (not sure what's different though).
It also holds a spool of trimmer line so they don;t have to return to the truck (I don't think the original one had this, could be wrong).

As far as your kneees hurting, you're whole body weight is not on your knees. You are actually sitting on a seat.

And as far as the guys that are saying it's a waste of money, for you're operation it may be. But you have to realize that not everyone is cutting little residential lawns. Some people do large malls and office/industrial parks etc.
They may have a guy (or 2) out walking around trimming and blowing for the whole 8 hour day. If they can get the guy back 2 or 3 hours earlier that's a big savings over a year's time.

Just because YOU have no use for it, doesn't make it a waste of money.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:35 AM
Suspended

It takes a stranger to tell someone their baby is ugly.

U-G-L-Y
you aint got no alibi,
you UGLY!

LOL

That guy should stop now before he blows any more money. I speak from experience.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluesteel
That guy should stop now before he blows any more money. I speak from experience.
Experience in developing a new product? I'd like to hear more.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:24 AM
Suspended

LOL, hard to tell without crying, hehe. Anyway, I have a degree in Engineering, 14 years of experience in manufacturing/machining, and taken products from conception to design to costing to prototyping & development to costing again to writing & getting patents to setting up & production with CNC machining/turning centers to choosing & dealing with vendors to scheduling & dealing with blown schedules to assembly to packaging to advertising ($$$) to marketing at trade shows around the country to filling thousands of orders with all of the headaches & heartaches that come along the way. And now, I mow lawns. Does that tell you anything? LOL, enough with my resume.

I have seen more than a few products come and go. This one? Well, lets just say he won't be retiring off the procedes. Its obvious he's spent many thousands, probably much more to get the ZTF1000 to this point. From my experience, nobody had the guts to tell him his baby ain't pretty. When you're doing test marketing, NEVER tell someone its your product. Tell them you're just a hired hand and you'll get closer to the truth. My hats off to him for taking something this far, its what dreams are made of. But he should stop now. Clearly he's got talent, but he'd be better off sticking with things more simple and profitable. In other words, "that dawg won't hunt."

Last edited by Bluesteel; 01-31-2003 at 03:36 AM.