Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
Yea yellow pages stinks to say it nicely, I'm still trying to find an seo company worth paying.
If you know what you want regarding SEO go to Odesk and hire someone with good reviews doing the service you are looking for at least 10 to 15 times.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinggreen123 View Post
is anyone listed with yellowpages.com? I just got off a phone with a sales rep preety much guaranteeing me a ton of calls by getting me into yellowpages.com and on the top spot with google,yahoo, and bing I am scepticle about trying this cause my company is fairly new and dont want to waste money on advertising thats not going to work but lets say it would get me about 5-10 calls a month then it would be worth it to me so has anyone done this and how was your experience with it?
I spent multiple thousands of dollars with yellow pages because I didn't want to believe my dad who tried them and said it didn't work, I tried a few different things they had to offer and overall the return was very poor, their marketing skills are poor at best. if you are bigger company and need write offs then waste some money with them, if you are smaller like most, and want or need results, do your own marketing with local papers, 98% of my business is from local papers, I did get some work through the door hangers I did with them but not worth the money I spent. I would probably just recommend not using them at all.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncuttinfoo View Post
Expect the (few) calls you do get to start like this:

You: Hello, thank you for calling XXX lawn care how may we help you
Them: How much do you charge to cut my lawn?

You(if smart): *click*
So sad yet so true...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have a free listing with one of the online yellow pages; it's worth what i pay for it.

i've had good luck with my seo company, i get one or two calls a week from organic search, and when my google adwords campaign is activated fall and spring, I get 4 or 5 calls a day.

i'd be happy to give you their url if you are interested.

disclosure statement: the owner is a lawn care customer of mine. i love it when he's home when we stop by, cuz he's real upbeat and a kick to talk to.

super knowledgeable about marketing, not just online stuff. he's been worth his weight in gold to me.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
i have a free listing with one of the online yellow pages; it's worth what i pay for it.

i've had good luck with my seo company, i get one or two calls a week from organic search, and when my google adwords campaign is activated fall and spring, I get 4 or 5 calls a day.

i'd be happy to give you their url if you are interested.

disclosure statement: the owner is a lawn care customer of mine. i love it when he's home when we stop by, cuz he's real upbeat and a kick to talk to.

super knowledgeable about marketing, not just online stuff. he's been worth his weight in gold to me.
What are you paying your seo company, and what was Adwords costing per month?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I pay between $300 and $400 per month in the spring and fall, and my adwords spend was $842 in 2011 - I ran the campaign for 10 weeks or so in the fall and capped daily spending at $10. For that I got between $4000 and $5000 in new business. Can't remember the exact # now.

I was getting 4 or 5 calls a day, and converted about half of them into new accounts.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
I pay between $300 and $400 per month in the spring and fall
Depending on strategy, SEO tends to result in a trailing impact, so if you are wanting to ramp up leads for Spring and Fall services, you want to be focusing your efforts during the Winter and Summer, with steady content production throughout the year.