Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

lettering vs wrapping. the best bang for your buck.

I am about to get my trailer done with my business and everything and was looking to see what advice yall had about this subject. i dont know whether or not to letter it and go the cheaper route or do a full blown custom wrap and spend the extra money. also what kind of information is good to put on my trailer. i know phone number and business name and possibly my website, but what else? i was considering a QR code reader that directed them to my site or a special deal of some sort. any ideas? also what are the avg costs i'll have to fork out for either of the two advertising methods? Thanks guys. your advice is much appreciated.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

QR codes on vehicles are just asking to be posted here

http://wtfqrcodes.com/
Old 12-19-2012, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

haha well i was thinking if i was parked at a job site and people were walking by then they could scan it or like if im at a stop light or something.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticklelm View Post
haha well i was thinking if i was parked at a job site and people were walking by then they could scan it or like if im at a stop light or something.
The best laid plans of mice and men....

be prepared to be rear ended
Old 12-21-2012, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

all of our trucks and trailers are either heavily lettered or fully wrapped. We find that we get far more calls from the wrapped vehicles with graphics than we do from the lettered ones. For the wrapped trailers we have our name&logo, website and phone number, and a brief general list f our services, along with graphics. We find with all of our vehicles that we get a better response to our website than phone calls. So we now have the website much larger than the phone number on everything. Also if you have a long or hard to remember domain, it is definitely worth it to purchase a shorter, easy to remember domain to link to your site.

Another thing we do on our enclosed is we have a section that has studs poking out. We have a number of different sheet metal panels that we mount to the trailers, each one has graphics and info for specific times of year.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenI.A. View Post
all of our trucks and trailers are either heavily lettered or fully wrapped. We find that we get far more calls from the wrapped vehicles with graphics than we do from the lettered ones. For the wrapped trailers we have our name&logo, website and phone number, and a brief general list f our services, along with graphics. We find with all of our vehicles that we get a better response to our website than phone calls. So we now have the website much larger than the phone number on everything. Also if you have a long or hard to remember domain, it is definitely worth it to purchase a shorter, easy to remember domain to link to your site.

Another thing we do on our enclosed is we have a section that has studs poking out. We have a number of different sheet metal panels that we mount to the trailers, each one has graphics and info for specific times of year.
Do you have a pic of this setup and how it works. I was thinking about doing this
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i've posted it on here, if you do a search you should find it. I don't think they were to clear on how it is set up though. It was as simple as drilling through the trailer where the studs are in the walls. Sliding a 3" bolt through and putting a nut on the outside so that thee bolt stays in place. Then we put up the piece of sheet metal with holes drilled for the bolts to slide through. Then another nut to hold the sheet metal to the studs.

The only problem we had was that the nuts behind the sheet metal keeps the sheet metal about 1/4 off of the wall of the trailer, this caused an annoying whistle when air blew behind it when driving down the road. It was louder than the radio could go when doing 70mph on the highway. To resolve the issue we simple put a piece of L channel aluminum on the trailer right in front of the signs to divert the air.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenI.A. View Post
i've posted it on here, if you do a search you should find it. I don't think they were to clear on how it is set up though. It was as simple as drilling through the trailer where the studs are in the walls. Sliding a 3" bolt through and putting a nut on the outside so that thee bolt stays in place. Then we put up the piece of sheet metal with holes drilled for the bolts to slide through. Then another nut to hold the sheet metal to the studs.

The only problem we had was that the nuts behind the sheet metal keeps the sheet metal about 1/4 off of the wall of the trailer, this caused an annoying whistle when air blew behind it when driving down the road. It was louder than the radio could go when doing 70mph on the highway. To resolve the issue we simple put a piece of L channel aluminum on the trailer right in front of the signs to divert the air.
Yea I gave up, git tired of searching...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-22-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2310 View Post
Yea I gave up, git tired of searching...
Posted via Mobile Device
same here...couldnt find it. haha. Oh and GreenI.A. where you getting more people interested in landscape work or maintenance? I would think landscaping because with your trailer wraps they can display your work better? Anyways, a picture of your trailers would be nice!

Visit Our Website
http://www.sticklelm.com

"Landscapes that stick out."
Old 12-22-2012, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Member

utilizing different ways to promote your business is the way to go. I seen people take their phones out and scan the QR codes all the time on our trailers. Do they bring in more business... I don't know, but in my area I'm the only one with them.
Attached Images

Property Grounds Maintenance

Tags
advertising , lettering , marketing , trailer , wraps