Click for Weather

Old 12-23-2012, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my redwings
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my red wings but they are heavy
I never wear steel toe no need if you drop a rock on foot probably just cut toes off I would rather break them
Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I used to wear Carolina work boots, one pair about every 18 months. They fit well. Their failure was breaking out the side, right foot, just at the sole line. The failure was consistent - boots were consistent, and my foot/walking was consistent.

Carolina stopped making the model, so I switched to Wolverine Durashocks. I think I have had five pair, each lasting about 18 months as well. The sides hold up well, unlike the Carolina, but the soles break apart on the Wolverine. The soles are multi-part, and the seams between the parts breaks open. The uppers show no signs of deterioration.

All of my Wolverines have fit well, perhaps not quite as well as the Carolina. But, the last pair are not good. I developed a rub-place on the left foot, and a hard spot on the right ball. They are exactly the same size as all the others, but this last pair just don't fit quite right. What will I do next? Not sure. I only have about three months of wear on these, so they are destined for lots of walking yet.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

nike's or any running shoes. it's too hot and uncomfortable to wear high top boots. only time i wear boots is in the snow lol.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pivotrim televison test

I would like to be able to wear flip flops and shorts like my friend used in this Pivotrim test on our local television station's "Does it work segment"!

I have not spoken to him regarding his manner of dress, however, I did tell him that I thought he did a good job presenting the Pivotrim.

http://wreg.com/2012/08/22/does-it-work-pivotrim/

Here's to Dennis!

I always have and always will wear work boots at work. Steel toe is preferred, but not forced upon anyone, however a work boot is required.
My reasoning is because work boots, tightly laced, will protect your ankle, where sneakers or shoes offer no support, as the ankle is exposed, the work boot offers over the ankle support. Say when you are weedeating, walking and happen to step off in an hole.....there are other scenarios as well.
Just one less thing to worry about. You don't want to sidelined due to a sprained ankle.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

if the ankle doesn't sprain then the knee is the first thing to go which is worse lol
Old 12-24-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmlm View Post
what is your preferred shoe to where when landscaping. work boots and steel toe boots are to heavy for 14 hours a day 6 days a week. i wore merrils for years but they have changed and dont last 3 months. i have tried 5/10's and they last a little longer but still just disintegrated in just a couple months. what do you guys wear?
When mowing I wear New Balance sneakers. I only break out the boots for landscaping/paver jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Try Thorogood boots. American Made and amazing. I was hesitant at first ot try them because I had never heard of them. I bought a pair in the spring and have worn them every single day. The only thing that needs anything at all is the laces will need to be replaced soon. The ones I have do not have a steel toe but I will be buying Thorogood boots again. I honestly can probably get another year+ before I need new ones. Only $130 bucks! I got mine on Amazon. Extremely comfy

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...Ck%3Athorogood
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenboy24 View Post
Try Thorogood boots. American Made and amazing. I was hesitant at first ot try them because I had never heard of them. I bought a pair in the spring and have worn them every single day. The only thing that needs anything at all is the laces will need to be replaced soon. The ones I have do not have a steel toe but I will be buying Thorogood boots again. I honestly can probably get another year+ before I need new ones. Only $130 bucks! I got mine on Amazon. Extremely comfy

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...Ck%3Athorogood
Which model?

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 12-24-2012, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have these ones Thorogood Men's 814-4200 American Heritage 6" Moc Toe Boot but based on how well these are made I am pretty confident that other models would be the same.