Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric1 View Post
There's no doubt that wright's a good machine and does have a good cut, there's a couple of guys locally that use them and I've looked at their cuts. That would be my second choice but what sold me on the Grandstand was the 5 year 1200 hr warranty and that the dealer is 4 miles from my house helped.
Why did the warranty sell you? Just curious. My customers generally can do over 600 hours a year up here. I would assume you guys in Florida do even more. So the Toro warranty will last less than 2 years. While most other brands will give you a straight 2 year warranty without hour limits or have hour limits that are probably not going to be hit like Bobcat's 2 year/2000 hour warranty.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Why did the warranty sell you? Just curious. My customers generally can do over 600 hours a year up here. I would assume you guys in Florida do even more. So the Toro warranty will last less than 2 years. While most other brands will give you a straight 2 year warranty without hour limits or have hour limits that are probably not going to be hit like Bobcat's 2 year/2000 hour warranty.
Actually the yearly hours never really play a part for me. The hours I put on my mowers are divided now by the two ztr's and two push mowers. I've never put over 300 hours a year on any individual mower. So at years end I'll go somewhere between 500 and 600 hours total. At one time I could be running a 36" wb, a 44" and 48" ztr and my GS all maybe in a day depending on where I was mowing. I just thought that the 5 year warranty on the GS mite be handy to have in the long run.

You must be a dealer? if so you know a good dealer is worth there weight in gold and I have one and he's less than 4 miles from the house and for me that's hard to beat itself.
Blowers:Stihl BR 600 BR 550 BR 380 BR 200Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 Stihl FS 90
Edgers: Stihl FC 90&75 Echo BRD 280 Pole Saw: Stihl HT 75 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HL 45 HS 45
Old 12-26-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric1 View Post
Actually the yearly hours never really play a part for me. The hours I put on my mowers are divided now by the two ztr's and two push mowers. I've never put over 300 hours a year on any individual mower. So at years end I'll go somewhere between 500 and 600 hours total. At one time I could be running a 36" wb, a 44" and 48" ztr and my GS all maybe in a day depending on where I was mowing. I just thought that the 5 year warranty on the GS mite be handy to have in the long run.

You must be a dealer? if so you know a good dealer is worth there weight in gold and I have one and he's less than 4 miles from the house and for me that's hard to beat itself.
Ahh ok, makes sense then. I just feel that their commercial warranty is a bit lacking with that 1200 hour limit. The same machine from Exmark gets a 2 or 3 year warranty I believe without the hour limit.

Also I think someone had mentioned about boiling over somewhere in this thread. That was a problem on the larger Grandstands. I think mainly the 60" class models. At some point they added like a cooler and fan to them, and I think they also put it on the 52" machines. It was the hydraulics that would overheat and overflow. Although I am not a fan of where the fan is...looks like low branches could snag it or cause issues.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Ahh ok, makes sense then. I just feel that their commercial warranty is a bit lacking with that 1200 hour limit. The same machine from Exmark gets a 2 or 3 year warranty I believe without the hour limit.

Also I think someone had mentioned about boiling over somewhere in this thread. That was a problem on the larger Grandstands. I think mainly the 60" class models. At some point they added like a cooler and fan to them, and I think they also put it on the 52" machines. It was the hydraulics that would overheat and overflow. Although I am not a fan of where the fan is...looks like low branches could snag it or cause issues.
I'm in the same boat as ric. I'm a solo operator, so my time is divided between several different machines and other landscaping jobs outside of mowing. As such, the toro warrantee works very well for me. It was one of the things that influenced my decision to by their G3 ztr.

YourSkiCoach.com