Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-25-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

What is it worth? Exmark 72 inch EFI

I am moving and need to sell my Exmark Lazer Z. It is equipped with a 72 inch deck and a Kohler 26 horse EFI engine. It is about 12 years old , has approx. 950 hours of use, and is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. I am the original owner and it has only been used to mow my yard (no commercial use). A friend has expressed an interest in purchasing and I would like others opinions on what would be a "fair" price .
Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is it worth? Exmark 72 inch EFI

$3000-$4000
Old 05-25-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadog1 View Post
I am moving and need to sell my Exmark Lazer Z. It is equipped with a 72 inch deck and a Kohler 26 horse EFI engine. It is about 12 years old , has approx. 950 hours of use, and is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. I am the original owner and it has only been used to mow my yard (no commercial use). A friend has expressed an interest in purchasing and I would like others opinions on what would be a "fair" price .
Believe me, due to the tender loving care you've given this mower it will probable be worth a great deal more to you than anyone else. The engine is honestly too small for a 72" deck, I run a 35 hp engine on a 72 and it needs all its got at times.

You find the right person and you may get reasonably satisfied, the worth of anything is what someone is willing to pay.

If as you say the mower is in excellent physical and cosmetic condition, $3000 would be a place to start. The problem you have that will discount the value more than anything is the mower was bought new in 2001. A 12 yr. old mower, even with that low number of hours, that is equipped with what would be considered a small engine is not worth a premium price.

You find the right person and everything I stated can change, some people like certain things better than others, and can let their eyes influence their wants, which in return can inflate the value.