Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

CASE 580sm has arrived!!

Been looking for some time now and finally came across a nice CASE backhoe. It was delivered today!! KSSS will be happy LOL

2005 CASE 580sm series 2

2067 hours
Wobble sticks
4in1 bucket
ride control
heat no air
4x4 extendahoe
aux hydraulics
Brand new 12' protech snow pusher

I just have a few questions on the ride control feature can you leave it on all the time?? Or is it just for when your driving in streets? for instance if im plowing snow do i leave it on or off??
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you would want if off while pushing snow. There are accumulators that act as shock absorbers on the lift cylinders. So it would have no effect while pushing. However while you are roading it and while carrying a full load in the front bucket it will keep the machne from "tortising" when your moving at higher speeds. Very good looking machine. Nice find with such low hours.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
you would want if off while pushing snow. There are accumulators that act as shock absorbers on the lift cylinders. So it would have no effect while pushing. However while you are roading it and while carrying a full load in the front bucket it will keep the machne from "tortising" when your moving at higher speeds. Very good looking machine. Nice find with such low hours.
Ok I got it now thanks ksss!!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Beautiful machine congrats! What made you choose the case over a Deere or cat?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=T_S_S;4603582]Beautiful machine congrats! What made you choose the case over a Deere or cat?
Posted via Mobile Device[

I almost bought a cat 420d machine but when we checked it out it had a small oil leak and a few other things that just turned us off .. I also had a deere on demo we liked it but it came down to pricing.. Used Cat backhoes are just to high price wise.. The case I was able to get the best deal on and they threw in the pusher!! At the end of the day there probably all gonna do the same job so it really came down to options and pricing
Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Like sean said, beautiful machine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

very nice machine, looking forward to updates on how it works out for you, congrats
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new purchase. We have three backhoes, but the one that I get for snow is our Case 580. It's a great machine and I absolutely love pushing snow with it, I much prefer this to any of the loaders we run during the winter. Two wheel drive works fine for pushing, rarely do I put it into four wheel.

On our machine, it's difficult to clip the boom back into place - you can't get it to swing back far enough. One trick one of the other operators taught me is to find something to push the extendahoe against to help give the boom those few extra inches to get it to lock into place. Anyways, figured I would mention it for whatever it's worth.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. We have three backhoes, but the one that I get for snow is our Case 580. It's a great machine and I absolutely love pushing snow with it, I much prefer this to any of the loaders we run during the winter. Two wheel drive works fine for pushing, rarely do I put it into four wheel.

On our machine, it's difficult to clip the boom back into place - you can't get it to swing back far enough. One trick one of the other operators taught me is to find something to push the extendahoe against to help give the boom those few extra inches to get it to lock into place. Anyways, figured I would mention it for whatever it's worth.
Dan i cannot belive you just said that. I took the boom out to dig And i cant get it back in. Its in my yard still like that.. I have a friend coming tomm to help me put it back in.. Let me ask you something what if there is no place to push the extendahoe against now what?? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

is the snow pusher that much more effective for pushing snow than the backhoe's shovel?