Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-15-2015, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Governor adjustment

Hey all:

NOt sure how many have done this or even know why to do it...

But for those who do.

Have you ever seen the Kawasaki, 27 HP, engines..... the governor is slotted " flat on one side " to only fit just so-so,

It looks like I had a dealer replace the throttle cable on a TORO ZTR. 6000 series and it wasn't adjusted right.
Causing full throttle to have a ton of force on the governor. in return bending this linkage.

has anyone ever seen this before ?

the governors on this machine is NOT adjusted like other engines I have experanced....

thank you
Old 02-15-2015, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
Hey all:

But for those who do.

Have you ever seen the Kawasaki, 27 HP, engines..... the governor is slotted " flat on one side " to only fit just so-so,

It looks like I had a dealer replace the throttle cable on a TORO ZTR. 6000 series and it wasn't adjusted right.
Causing full throttle to have a ton of force on the governor. in return bending this linkage.

the governors on this machine is NOT adjusted like other engines I have experanced....

thank you
Nope
Have you seen this before...http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

......AMF!
Old 02-16-2015, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No but I've had throttle linkages bend before and it's frustrating because they want $10 for a 3 cent piece of steel and either way I have to order it and it takes 3 days... So I found how to take a steel piece of coat hanger and carefully with needle nose pliers, steel clippers and some patience you can make another just like the OEM in about 5-10 minutes.

It helps to bend the OEM back to as close to original as possible before fabricating the new one, you need something to compare to.
However when that doesn't work I've also just gone simply by the way the linkages needed to connect and memory.
Then again you could always do what BigFish suggested.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
Hey all:

But for those who do.

thank you

Not sure why replacing the throttle cable would bend any governor link/arm... Nor require governor to be re-adjusted?

It sounds like the governor setup you have is shown here, and also shows how to adjust starting on post 25...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=418807&page=3

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!