Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Service Autopilot/Jobber/or Gopher ?

I am searching for the best scheduling software that works with quickbooks and can run on a Mac. What software works the best?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service Autopilot, Service Autopilot, Service Autopilot. . .if it is TOO EXPENSIVE buy one of the others.

Oh, I just saw you are in my area. I wouldn't use any software, take cash only and buy all your equipment from Lowes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Clip doesn't run 'Natively' on a MAC, but you can run Clip on a Mac. Many of our customers run Clip on a Mac. The setup isn't too difficult.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks yall
Old 01-01-2013, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service Autopilot all the way. It has help me to organize my business. I more than doubled my gross this year but spent less time in the office than last year. It is great for mowing, apps, and snow. The mobile option has helped a lot as well. Keeps my main people informed any place they are at. If you train your staff or use the mobile part yourself it greatly reduces office time.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I spent all last year trying to find the perfect software before i dove in and made a purchase since most are not cheap at first refused to sign up for something that required a monthly bill I still don't really want the bill but service auto pilot offers everything i want/need and so so so much more! I haven't found anything that compares. Lawnaid says that they offer a similar product for a far cheaper price, although the 15 day trial left me confused and it honestly looked basic there is no help section tutorials i would have to ask questions for everything, i don't really have time to wait for a response for a couple days to figure something out so this spring I will be signing up for service pro! and it expect it to bring great things for my little company!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Good stuff ! With service autopilot do you have to hire a secretary to update the software throughout each work day or can I run everything with my iPhone or a iPad from field ?
Also how many properties do you guys visit each week? I want to make sure I'm large enough to make this jump.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Sponsor

There are certainly pro's and con's to any of the business software systems available for field service companies, and I thought I would just quickly address a couple of the questions and comments brought up in this thread about Jobber with respect to Service Auto Pilot.

Of course, not every landscaping company is run the same way. SAP does a *lot* of stuff — it has a lot of features, and there's lots to learn to get up and running. If you think you need all of this stuff to be successful then SAP might be for you and would be a fine choice.

Jobber is a little bit different however. We're a modern software company first and foremost; professional software developers & engineers that built (and continue to develop and maintain) Jobber from the ground up by consulting with a number of companies with different work flows and requirements in order to design easy to use, robust and flexible software that accommodates your business, rather than the other way around. Our guiding philosophy in getting to this point and in going forward is simplicity — we focus on keeping Jobber easy to learn, and easy to use, without anything extraneous getting in the way.

While we think the more modern and effective approach to software is to keep things simple and to focus on usability, we also focus heavily on flexibility and robust features — these principles are almost *more* important the larger and more complex the organization. We have happy customers of many shapes and sizes, from sole operators doing less than $50k in revenue, to companies of 25 employees doing in excess of 5 million. We have customers who generously credit Jobber with being the reason they were able to grow their companies as quickly as they have, or at all. We have customers who have come to us from almost every other system, but especially, from the land of pen-and-paper.

In the end the right software is an important business decision that you can only make with the information available to you; sometimes option A will be the right choice, and other times option B will be. Jobber is modern software with a modern approach, and we're making waves for it. We do what we can to make it as easy as possible for you to learn about us and give us a try, so that you can make the right decision for your business, and we're constantly iterating and improving our product, the way a good software company should.

If anyone has any questions at all or needs additional information please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at info@getjobber.com, or with me personally at jeff@getjobber.com.

I hope this was helpful!

Cheers,
Jeff LeHoux

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Email: info@getjobber.com
Web: www.getjobber.com
Toll Free: 1-888-721-1115
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

My earlier message was supposed to say this spring I will be signing up for Service auto pilot (versus service pro) my mistake... either way i hadn't come across jobber. I am going to check them out now... just to give a fair chance you never know... thanks for your input. And honestly i think what made my search helpful was a must have list and a can do with out list. every time i found a new product that offered something different i would list the features under must have or can live with out that way i could decide if they were really something i had to have or could i better "profit" from another product
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Sponsor

Sounds good BetterLawns&Gardens, that is exactly the kind of advice that I tell people all the time. Thanks for being open to checking us out! Signing up for a 30 day free trial will give you plenty of opportunity to poke around and make sure we have all of your "must haves".

just go here: http://www.getjobber.com/signup

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like some help importing your clients and testing out our system.

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Email: info@getjobber.com
Web: www.getjobber.com
Toll Free: 1-888-721-1115
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook