Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
Advanced job costing- like if I had a patio job, needed to track all the materials, all delivery costs, all the paperwork cost, add in all the labor ( and remember with a construction crew each guy for sure has a different pay rate). My maintenance crews have similar pay with minor differences. The landscape crew has a crew leader making almost double what the low guys make. The assistant makes pretty good as well. And if I have to be inside to supervise part of a project, my rate is at least double the crew leaders .... So how do you track all that to see if the project

A. Paid for all the direct expenses.

B. paid for its share of the over head expenses

C. After both of those, paid for and added funds to the appropriate maintenance and depression accounts based on equipment usage

D. The after all that see if it made a profit

Sap support been good? Well I like all the guys over there. 48 hours is a joke. I need to get my work done, and don't need to be held up with them waiting 48 hours for a fix or solution or work around on something they should have gotten right before they released it.

Their current estimating system is broken in parts. It's fricken bidding season. Wtf, where was the thought process.?
I agree with you on everything above. I've never used Jobber or QXpress but do they they even come close to offering anything like that??
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post
I agree with you on everything above. I've never used Jobber or QXpress but do they they even come close to offering anything like that??
Qxpress was good with job costing you could track as much as you wanted too but its not Moblie and i don't see it being updated since it was sold to a different company ....if they would just give me the ability to track time with out the paper and pen method then having to enter that I would stay.....
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

what about lawn pro software
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

No!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

SnyderLawns, have you made any progress? Curious to see how you are making out
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Member

The Start/Stop function through Service Auto Pilot works great....... when it works... I've only had SAP for 2 months and I'm not really happy with it. I don't have an office person and it's a bit clumsy to run from a tablet. Even at a computer the thing seems to run SLLLLLLLOW!! The snow dispatching piece is garbage (and they admitted this to me). Especially for commercial sites, I may have two or three trucks assigned, even when they clock in/out I go back and it says 12AM to 12AM for each truck.

Jobber, any ETA on Clock In/Out for each job? You may have my business pretty quick...
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would love to see a USER friendly Program. ONe can can be changed for the services that a person/Company needs. WE here in TEXAS don't do snow plowing. But we do. irrigation. I would like to see these "add-on's " If you will.

I would like to see one that simply worked. I have been with lawnpro. and it's a joke. I checked out jogger. and I really dont like it. I went ot groundskeeper and it's user interface is for children....

I an using an old lawnpro program. BUT. I am going to start working on my own one............
Old 03-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Sponsor

Hey cbservicesllc: Start/Stop Timers are on their way! We recently made some pretty significant improvements to time tracking in Jobber, and are approaching some of the changes in a phased approach. The next phase will be to add the start and stop timers into the mix.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I know this post has been closed in awhile, but checking the following.

SAP... is their act together since they released the 'flawed' version earlier this year? Timeclock is it working?

Jobber... is there 'timeclock' functioning well? the on/off should be implemented and easy to use by now i assume.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Sponsor

Hey danthony,

We've put a lot of work into our Time Tracking feature and our customers are loving it! One of the great options we have now is Timers, so you and your team can really easily clock in and out of specific Jobs or even custom defined time codes throughout the day.

Here's our blog post announcing timers: http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/06/cl...t-with-timers/

And here's the documentation with some additional information: http://docs.getjobber.com/timesheets/#using_timers

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook