Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Is this considered an e-check? Is this an electronic payment, their bank account to your bank account? Do I understand rightly, the customer activates the payment from their e-mail, enters their bank information and your bank information, authorizes a payment, monies are transferred, and your account shows the payment amount, AND a $0.50 charge for each transaction?

Do I understand correctly?

I am not asking about cc transactions for 3.25%. That I understand, but am asking about the other form of payment.

Thanks.
They click the link and enter their bank info. Your bank information is stored in your account info with Intuit. When they press send, their info gets sent to Intuit and intuit sends it to your bank account. They don't ever see anything related to your banking info. It just looks like paying any other type of bill online by bank account.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It is basically an e-check. It is a lot like chase quickpay but has a fee.

There are a few steps in quickbooks involved not needed with the merchant account.

I have to enter the payment, like a check... select IPN and enter a 50 cent discount so it will match when the payment down loads. With the intuit merchant account it a little more seamless but not much.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
They click the link and enter their bank info. Your bank information is stored in your account info with Intuit. When they press send, their info gets sent to Intuit and intuit sends it to your bank account. They don't ever see anything related to your banking info. It just looks like paying any other type of bill online by bank account.
Thanks. That makes sense. It is, in effect, an e-check. I understand your bank info being captured by Intuit when you make the setup.

I presume you get an e-mail notice when a transaction happens. Just seeing the transaction in the bank statement is a bit shaky in keeping records up to date on receiving payments.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks. That makes sense. It is, in effect, an e-check. I understand your bank info being captured by Intuit when you make the setup.

I presume you get an e-mail notice when a transaction happens. Just seeing the transaction in the bank statement is a bit shaky in keeping records up to date on receiving payments.
Yes, you get an e-mail with both forms of payment.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I use Intuit but I keep the credit card option turned off. I turned it on for one transaction and forgot about it for a few weeks and it cost me over $100 because several other customers used it.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-30-2012, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I use Intuit but I keep the credit card option turned off. I turned it on for one transaction and forgot about it for a few weeks and it cost me over $100 because several other customers used it.
Its expensive to use their cc service. I've used intuits billing solutions which allows me to track emailed invoices and see when they are opened, or viewed. And allows for automatic sending of late invoices...
Old 12-30-2012, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
Its expensive to use their cc service. I've used intuits billing solutions which allows me to track emailed invoices and see when they are opened, or viewed. And allows for automatic sending of late invoices...
So it sounds like you deal with the admin side of the biz more and Ed is more of the hands on guy. Whats your in season head count and your sales per year. I would guess with Ed's sons in the biz and multiple crews I would expect you to be around the million dollar mark.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think that's it. You have billing solutions which is 19.95 and then you have the Merchant then you have the IPN.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Is this considered an e-check? Is this an electronic payment, their bank account to your bank account? Do I understand rightly, the customer activates the payment from their e-mail, enters their bank information and your bank information, authorizes a payment, monies are transferred, and your account shows the payment amount, AND a $0.50 charge for each transaction?

Do I understand correctly?

I am not asking about cc transactions for 3.25%. That I understand, but am asking about the other form of payment.

Thanks.
I use the IPN and it works just like you understand. There will be a link on the invoice you send. They process an electronic payment via the link. And you will get a deposit for $.50 less than the invoice amount. It works really well. I wish more of the customers would use it.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Greenscaper View Post
I use the IPN and it works just like you understand. There will be a link on the invoice you send. They process an electronic payment via the link. And you will get a deposit for $.50 less than the invoice amount. It works really well. I wish more of the customers would use it.
And to expand further -

To reconcile, you go to receive payment
Chose IPN in payment type then apply discount enter the 50 cents as bank charges. It should match up when you down load transactions from the bank.