Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-16-2015, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Member

concrete guy loves this site. searchin for takeuchi info

i have a concrete finishing and base prep company. currently have a case 40 xt skid steer . bought new in 2004. want to keep it an add a new tl8 takeuchi. thoughts? opinions?
Old 05-16-2015, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Can't beat the durability of a Takeuchi for concrete work, thats pretty much the only machine concrete guys use around here, we had a TL26 some years ago, it was a great machine.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

TL8 is a pretty new machine, probably not many on here that own or have run one. In General they have a good reputation, especially for crete guys that are hard on stuff. Keep in mind they might be a tight fit on some 7' doors. You will be vary happy about production compared to your small wheeled machine
Old 05-16-2015, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at a TL8 and got pricing, It blew me away. I'd love to have one, but the reality is that I'm looking hard for a couple TL230 Series 2 machines. They are one of the simpler new machines out there, which I am a big fan of. No Electric over hydraulic controls etc.

Saves you the DPF filter and all that tier 4 emissions stuff.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

all garage doors around here are 8ft tall. yes , us crete guys are hard on gear!!
Old 05-17-2015, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I demoed one prepping a 70yard patio. Ripped out the existing and graded for new all in the rain. The thing is an animal. I will buy one when funds allow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2015, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sara.....Talk to Chris AKA Dirtman2007 he has run Taki for years. He's around this site quite a bit.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a 2010 TL230 (not a series 2). Only has just over 1,000hrs on it but no problems or complaints so far aside from the noisy door and 7ft+ height. Stout machine, smooth, responsive, and will keep up with larger machines in most situations. I run a 78" bucket on it (I think spec is 66") and it'll fill the bucket, over flow the bucket, and push the dirt up against the windshield before it even considers stopping.

If I could change anything about it, I'd make the over head door quieter and I'd make the cab a little shorter so it fits under more things.

I bought it used from a buddy who replaced it with a TL12. He's had dozens of skid loaders in the past and said the TL12 will put them all to shame. From watching it work, I think it's more dozer/track loader then a tracked skid steer.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the replies. waiting on credit . 63000 for a new loaded tl8 here in alberta
Old 05-31-2015, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark13 View Post
I have a 2010 TL230 (not a series 2). Only has just over 1,000hrs on it but no problems or complaints so far aside from the noisy door and 7ft+ height. Stout machine, smooth, responsive, and will keep up with larger machines in most situations. I run a 78" bucket on it (I think spec is 66") and it'll fill the bucket, over flow the bucket, and push the dirt up against the windshield before it even considers stopping.

If I could change anything about it, I'd make the over head door quieter and I'd make the cab a little shorter so it fits under more things.

I bought it used from a buddy who replaced it with a TL12. He's had dozens of skid loaders in the past and said the TL12 will put them all to shame. From watching it work, I think it's more dozer/track loader then a tracked skid steer.
The byproduct of the roll up door is the excessive height.