Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

$55 includes material & spreading. $330 invoice on 6 cubic yards. I added aeration last July & Pinestraw delivery or install in October.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
You charge $55 a yard to spread plus mulch or including mulch?

So you are not full time landscape? Do you do other services part time also?
I've been full-time with a furniture store for 9 years & started cranking this up 3 years back when I found out that I was going to be a father for the first time & wanted my wife to be able to leave her full-time job for good to stay home with him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
$55 includes material & spreading. $330 invoice on 6 cubic yards. I added aeration last July & Pinestraw delivery or install in October.
Posted via Mobile Device
mmm, sounds like you are billing enough but it could be a little higher but not much. You are at a cross roads of getting in or out it seems.

Take the plunge into full time landscaping.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
mmm, sounds like you are billing enough but it could be a little higher but not much. You are at a cross roads of getting in or out it seems.

Take the plunge into full time landscaping.
Funny you say that-
Last July they let me go but on excellent terms & I was so nervously excited to be free from being bound up to one place. So after that things are going along ok & we're doing fine & instead of hiring too much im doing most of the work myself since I have all week but every week was full. It was extremely rare if I didn't have a full day booked Mon-Fri & week after week too. But then one morning in October I had 2 calls back to back confirming their a.m. service & I was so mad at myself for not being more organized. That's when I mumbled "I wish I were back at the store so I didn't have this problem". You see I was super organized while working there full-time 'cause I had 6 days to get it all straight but when things are more On-the-Fly, occasionally a jotted note gets overlooked. Uniquely enough that very afternoon the store manager calls to ask if I'd be interested in a different position.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I agreed to come by & discuss it in a few days. My nerves were going crazy now. Do I want to lose this new-found freedom? What's the hours going to be like? What kind of pay are they thinking? Really, me, they are asking me, really? Man, I didn't know what to think, do I, don't I?
I had been thinking of going to work for Publix over the Winter anyway so what an opportunity this would be.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here I was nervous about leaving the full-time job in the first place to do my own gig & now I'm equally as nervous about leaving my gig & going back to punching the clock again.
During the interview they mentioned $17.90/hour Wed-Sunday which would leave me every Monday & Tuesday to schedule my work.
Needless to say I started 11/2/12 & things are ok so far. Of course aeration & compost services dropped off about then whereas Pinestraw exploded but thankfully so far things are peaceful even if Mon & Tues are extremely long days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
Here I was nervous about leaving the full-time job in the first place to do my own gig & now I'm equally as nervous about leaving my gig & going back to punching the clock again.
During the interview they mentioned $17.90/hour Wed-Sunday which would leave me every Monday & Tuesday to schedule my work.
Needless to say I started 11/2/12 & things are ok so far. Of course aeration & compost services dropped off about then whereas Pinestraw exploded but thankfully so far things are peaceful even if Mon & Tues are extremely long days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Replacing both incomes will be hard with one and impossible with the other.