Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Anybody know about how much the SnG bodies go for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What about this rig? New 2013 TerraStar with SnG system. $59,000 seems like a pretty good price for a brand new truck with full warranty.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

http://m.truckpaper.com/ListingDetai...categoryId=802
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

The dumpster bodies are around $2,500 for the medium duty, which is about 13.5 yards on a 11' chassis. I'm getting a SNG in 2013 and ive been pricing everything out. Im getting the truck from a friend and he says the only bodies to get are the medium duty...the light duty is too light and the heavy duty are made like tanks and take away GVW from the truck.

2014 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Diesel 6.7L
2007 Ford F-550 Powerstroke Switch-n-go 6.0L
2005 Ford F-250 Powerstroke Diesel 6.0L
2000 Ford F-250 Powerstroke w/EZdump 7.3L
2010 7x16 Enclosed
2013 60" eXmark Vantage X-series
eXmark 52" and 36" hydro Walk behinds
Little Wonder & Billy Goat Force Push Blowers
REDMAX Blowers, Trimmers
Giant Vac 35hp Truck Loader
Bandit 250xp 12" chipper
Husqvarna XP saws
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

We had the med duty bodies. They are the way to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
We had the med duty bodies. They are the way to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Had?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some pics of our 550 with stellar hook.
After owning one I would not go with out now.

First is a 10 yard box we use for mulch and light debris as well as hauling snow.
Second is same box moving a skid. It is overweight. This size truck will not replace a trailer but we needed to move the skid a few miles and the was no trailer around.
3rd is building a leaf box.
4th is Building a contractor box. We use this box daily on is what is on the truck the most.
We also have a salt box with salter mounted at all times. I will look for more pics.

The truck is great. I wish the rear axle was farther back though. It is pretty easy to overload the truck. The truck scales around 12k lbs typically. In perspective our 08 dump is in the 11.5k range. So in this size not a huge payload loss but they are not huge capacity trucks to start.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some more.
Hauling snow.

Salt box.

Leaf set up.

Bodies can be hard to find. Not alot of 36" hook height bodies around. If you do find them they can be anywhere from 1-5k $. We have pretty good fab abilities so that helps to build or customize what we want.

The big difference from switch n go to a stellar is stellar is a hook and switch n go is a cable system. I have not used a switch n go but advantages for a hook are its faster to load easier to move boxes around and no worries about a cable snapping. A cable system would have cheaper boxes however and easier to build them.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That's a good lookin' truck ryde307! I appreciate the feedback. I plan to use either truck for light landscape duties(hauling brush and mulch, limited quantities of stone, fall cleanups, and junk removal) I feel like the SnG would probably be better(and as you mentioned cheaper) for what I plan to use it for, but if I go with the hooklift I could possibly add dumpster rental to my list of services and bring in additional income. I feel like the hooklift would also last longer, but being heavier built it eats up more payload. With that said I'm still considering each of the three trucks posted. I like the Ford, but as you mentioned the hooklift bodies are more expensive, but at $46,000 it's a decent deal and only has 30,000 miles on it. The GMC is by far the best deal, but the truck is in Nevada and I'm looking at atleast a couple grand to have it shipped, plus it's the oldest of the three. The IH is the highest priced, but I get a brand new truck and it's right here in NC so I could make a little trip one weekend and avoid paying a shipper.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Long story short is Ford built a poor quality truck. In the four years with the truck it spent a good 4.5 months at the mechanic, Ford constantly sent people out to look at it and they all said all there is no problem. Of course you would drive it somewhere and it will stall on the side of the highway, you would pull out from stop sign and the truck was shut itself off in the middle of an intersection and the engine would overheat, telling you to shut it down... but according to Ford it's supposed to do that. We also had this sng landscape landscape bed for ours that we had on most of the time and Ford was thinking it was probably overloaded (19.5gvw) because of it having a walker and a Ferris mower on the back. We were big ford people at one time we've had about 23 fords in the fleet over the years but here lately everything's been going mitfuso.
Posted via Mobile Device