Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2012, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
... And once, he moved my truck, and hit a plow, denting the bumper, the cool boss told me about it, because the bitchy owner said to keep it a secret. I called him on the phone with the cool boss next to me as the bastard said "If I ever hit anything and messed up your truck, I would tell you about it."
You left your keys in your truck? or you handed your keys over to someone else?
I wouldn't "wait " for him to confess, I would make the truth known as soon as possible... being a "Good Person" does not mean being a fool that plays nicey nicey with a jerk, by hoping he makes some "better choices"...

I really don't mean to come off so strongly about this whole new concept in the culture of what it takes to be a "Good Person", but it really is just sickening and the consequences are so clear and ugly...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Good guy/bad guy. It's a game the two of them are playing squeezing you in the middle.
The "Bad boss" wouldn't exist if it wasn't OK with the "Good boss"

Tell the good boss to get the A-hole off your back or you are out of there. Make your problem his problem.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Toro is correct^^^^. Additionally if the good boss is as good as you say, why didn't he confront the bad boss when he damaged your truck. You already know the answer to your question.....look for another job. Neither one of them are worth it. Good luck
Old 12-30-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Steal everything in the night,, & then if you are ever confronted I'd say : "If I ever stole anything and messed up your business, I would tell you about it.". Sound familiar? lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The two owners need to get into sync for sure. One needs to be the manager or they need to come to a consensus before setting policy.

The cool boss took on the new guy for a reason. Maybe you need to sit down with him.

Partnerships are a pain in the rear and often fail. The question is will the cool boss let it take the company down too.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Partnerships definitely have a huge appeal but as stated rarely work. I have a good friend that is super business smart, rather than mixing things up I just run questions & ideas past him then drop a gift-card or over-pay whenever he does some work for me. Showing a little appreciation goes a long way. Oftentimes we'll overlook recompensing our knowledgeable family & friends yet their the first ones we tell how successful something has been.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:42 PM

I'm a little confused...

The guy who started the business (good boss) seems to take a back-seat to the bad boss. Are they equal partners?

If the "good boss" is telling you things privately and also complaining about the "bad boss", it almost sounds like he has less power/ownership than the other guy.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams View Post
I'm a little confused...

The guy who started the business (good boss) seems to take a back-seat to the bad boss. Are they equal partners?

If the "good boss" is telling you things privately and also complaining about the "bad boss", it almost sounds like he has less power/ownership than the other guy.
They are equal partners on paper, but in real life, it most certainly isn't the case. He thinks he has more power, tells the good boss he keeps him "on a short leash" when it comes to company finances and spending. He manages all the finances, and that is why I think the bad boss thinks that it must give him more power over his business partner.

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 12-30-2012, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The good boss must of needed some money and did not manage it well or else he would not have needed a partner.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Legit businesses dont act that way, go get another job and let the circus monkeys fight amongst themselves