Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think of my new truck decals?

I know it's nothing fancy but I thought I'd share. We had a late Christmas with my wife's family today because her sister just got back from the Marines. I was surprised by receiving these decals from my father in law. He owns http://www.signsbyrobbie.com/ and printed me off my business logo and contact information. I think it looks really good. I really wanted to get a full truck wrap eventually but this will be great for my first year in business. He's printing me up another with my website for the front fender, and one for the tailgate with some services we offer. How exciting! Mobile marketing! This will really get some attention now when parked up at the golf course I work at.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looks nice and clean. Merry christmas
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks fine.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I suppose you should get over there and mow his lawn to return the favor.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those look nice! They look good on the silver, really pops!

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It looks good. I was ready to get lettering done on my truck. I opted not too. I don't need tons of phone calls to slow me down. I also don't need a billboard saying, hit me I have insurance. Company trucks that are all lettered up are open invitation for low lifes to try and sue you. I have enough work that I don't want to get flooded with calls for prices or run all over the place to quote a estimate for $30 to only hear them say the other did it for $25. Screw all that crap. I'll stick with word of mouth and keep growing slow and steady with clients that "want" the work done and know the costs involved to do the job. They tend to just say do it most of the time. A bunch are moving to a 12 month payment plan for all the services.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Being parked at the course can be good and bad. Some will think your charging way too much to be able to play golf so often. lol

That does look sharp!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
It looks good. I was ready to get lettering done on my truck. I opted not too. I don't need tons of phone calls to slow me down. I also don't need a billboard saying, hit me I have insurance. Company trucks that are all lettered up are open invitation for low lifes to try and sue you. I have enough work that I don't want to get flooded with calls for prices or run all over the place to quote a estimate for $30 to only hear them say the other did it for $25. Screw all that crap. I'll stick with word of mouth and keep growing slow and steady with clients that "want" the work done and know the costs involved to do the job. They tend to just say do it most of the time. A bunch are moving to a 12 month payment plan for all the services.
I get what you're saying, I just don't see it that way. It's not only the"low ballers" that are going to call you. I don't deal with those people anyways. My rates are slightly higher than others around here and i don't change it just to get an account. I target nice neighborhoods of the clients i already have. If i don't wasn't to work in a particular area I no longer will. But not having your business name/number on your vehicle is only going to hurt you in the long run. try to think about that poor old lady that can't get outside of her house, just sits at her window and notices how nice of a job you're doing across the street. how is she going to know who to call?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
Being parked at the course can be good and bad. Some will think your charging way too much to be able to play golf so often. lol

That does look sharp!
LOL! I never thought about that. I better park next to the maintenance building i guess! luckily it's a perfect spot for them to still be able to see it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2012, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
I suppose you should get over there and mow his lawn to return the favor.
If only he didn't live 50 miles away!
Posted via Mobile Device