Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

crazyflyboy-

I don't want to pick on you, but could you please try to write your posts more clearly? I'm not sure what you are saying (or asking) a lot of the time.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
I sent Stihl a email give me a call I will help them out .Has going for love to hate for Stihl was after I did some reading and ever one that I know that has had one I said had one they did no't last long I did remember this in the beginning of the post.
Ahh, the true meaning of the word articulate.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
RIGHT Call Stihl and help them out, I'm sure they need it! they're German remember! Be sure and talk to one of their engineers so you can explain to him what their problem is ok. Let us know his response.
I've contacted a company and voiced my opinion on build quality and a common sense approach to making design changes. Whether it was coincidental or not the changes I recommended were implemented into the next generation of that product.

Being an engineer means little to me. Just means most went to college for it. Never guarantees anything. Being German means even less. I'd rather have Japanese quality than pretty much anything to ever come out of Germany.

People seem to think Germans have it all figured out. Yeah that worked out well for the Mayans too didn't it?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Right. Experience from someone that has never used or owned a 4 Mix. That's valuable.

NOT!
You got right never have never will I do have 6 4-strokes hand held 4 timmers and 2 blowers with no problems one is 7 years none have been touched no't ever a sparkplug.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post
I've contacted a company and voiced my opinion on build quality and a common sense approach to making design changes. Whether it was coincidental or not the changes I recommended were implemented into the next generation of that product.

Being an engineer means little to me. Just means most went to college for it. Never guarantees anything. Being German means even less. I'd rather have Japanese quality than pretty much anything to ever come out of Germany.

People seem to think Germans have it all figured out. Yeah that worked out well for the Mayans too didn't it?
I hope the Germans have it all figured out I got Dolmar PB-7601.4 Blower on the way.And a 580bts next week it will be fist 2-stroke I got in very long time other than aiplane engines.

Last edited by crazyflyboy30; 01-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Why no 1 care Dolmar and Makita big blow give weigh with no tube but must have tube to use and them give cfm at house not tube which make big heavy blower but they hide that in what they tell.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post

Well let's see, I 'm not a big fan of the Germans, I worked for them for six LOOOONG years, designed and implemented production processes as well as constructed their suv's, they've got something figured out though they can't make enough of their cars, every suv that came off the line was already sold, we put 700 suv's a day out the door with less than a 5% return rate, last I read they were up to 800 a day now. JAPANESE and QUALITY should never be put in the same sentence, especially with automobiles. If people really knew how cars were built they wouldn't pay what they charge for them.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't get me started on German autos...I owned a VW Eurovan and put more money into that POS than every other car I've ever owned combined, and that was only from when the warranty expired to when I dumped it with 39,500 miles on it.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Don't get me started on German autos...I owned a VW Eurovan and put more money into that POS than every other car I've ever owned combined, and that was only from when the warranty expired to when I dumped it with 39,500 miles on it.
VW is no different than BMW overpriced piece of crap really.BMW= biatch, moan and whine cause that's all they do all day at work.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Why no 1 care Dolmar and Makita big blow give weigh with no tube but must have tube to use and them give cfm at house not tube which make big heavy blower but they hide that in what they tell.
I have read all the post on a other thread they say that it is as strong as a Redmax 8000 has it has 75.6 cc,3.8 hp ,720 cfm,195 mph,to me at 3.8hp would produces the 720 cfm,195 mph that is on the Technical specifications as for a comparison I say the Husqvarna 560BFS has 3.81 hp Air flow in pipe 632.13 cfm ,Air speed (round nozzle) 232.42 mph you can see that if air speed was lower some the cfm would go up and that the total output is almost the same.