Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Don't say that to a Stihl dealer. I asked my dealer about Stihl making a bigger blower. He looked at me like I had two heads. Then he said that there would be no point since Stihl already has the baddest blower on the market. I didn't say another word.
I know what you mean. I told that exact thing to the Stihl rep at our open house last spring. He got that "oh crap, here it comes look", but he ended up being pretty cool about it. I asked if Stihl would be coming out with something like a 650 or 700, and he said no. They had no plans to go bigger because to be able to keep up with the EPA regs the machine would just be too big and heavy, which is what they consider their strongest asset right now in the 600.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Don't say that to a Stihl dealer. I asked my dealer about Stihl making a bigger blower. He looked at me like I had two heads. Then he said that there would be no point since Stihl already has the baddest blower on the market. I didn't say another word.
Hey i really like Echo products.. How does the 770t compare to these blowers.. Just asking cause it seems like you guys know all the specs and everything...
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Hey i really like Echo products.. How does the 770t compare to these blowers.. Just asking cause it seems like you guys know all the specs and everything...
I couldn't even tell you the specs on my BR600s. I put gas and oil in them, change the filters once in a while, adjust the valves once a year, and use them. I've no interest in any other blowers at this time. I don't usually have mountains of leaves to move and if it gets to be too much for the BR600, I roll the Little Wonder off the trailer.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 770 is a pretty nice and powerful blower. I gave one a short "test ride" at my dealer before I bought my Husqvarna 580. There wasn't really anything about it I didn't like other than that it also has fairly short tubes. Nice case, nice shoulder straps, fired right up and blew hard. I didn't get to try it on heavy debris myself but I have also run side-by-side with one and my 580 definitely outblows it, but not by a ton. It's one of the few blowers that I could probably use at this point and not feel like it was an underpowered wimp of a machine.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
The 770 is a pretty nice and powerful blower. I gave one a short "test ride" at my dealer before I bought my Husqvarna 580. There wasn't really anything about it I didn't like other than that it also has fairly short tubes. Nice case, nice shoulder straps, fired right up and blew hard. I didn't get to try it on heavy debris myself but I have also run side-by-side with one and my 580 definitely outblows it, but not by a ton. It's one of the few blowers that I could probably use at this point and not feel like it was an underpowered wimp of a machine.
Ya that Husqvarna is all over the net & seems like everyone says the same thing.. Best blower ever. I like to keep all my handhelds the same brand and have very good luck with Echo and will probably stick with em, but would'nt mind trying that Husqvarna sometime...
Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I can't see someone being disappointed with a 770. I was pretty impressed with it and almost bought one. The friend of mine who I was running next to said he was having problems with the shut-off switch on his, but says he has that problem on all of his Echos, which is all he runs...not sure if it's him or the blowers.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Ya that Husqvarna is all over the net & seems like everyone says the same thing.. Best blower ever. I like to keep all my handhelds the same brand and have very good luck with Echo and will probably stick with em, but would'nt mind trying that Husqvarna sometime...
I can't wait for my Husqvarna 580BTS and my Dolmar PB-7601.4
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This has been posted here before, but it's probably the closest you're going to get to a real world somewhat scientific comparison of some of the most popluar blowers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePqL085xf-g
Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
This has been posted here before, but it's probably the closest you're going to get to a real world somewhat scientific comparison of some of the most popluar blowers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePqL085xf-g
Big diffetence between that 755& that 770.. Big.. nice video...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-12-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, it seems they did their homework on the 770.