Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Riden, I agreed that the 580 was a half step up from a 600, no argument there, you have to compare apples to apples one operator with a 580 vs one operator with a full size BG, NO COMPARISON THERE the BG WINS!
How BIG is a BIG Wheeled Blower ? And what does it cost ?
I have the 580BTS but almost got 570BTS best for the money .
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Riden, I agreed that the 580 was a half step up from a 600, no argument there, you have to compare apples to apples one operator with a 580 vs one operator with a full size BG, NO COMPARISON THERE the BG WINS! We're talking about efficiency here not add more man power, that's the whole point, NOT to have to add payroll use the new efficient equip now available, to keep cost down.
I understand. I am just making the point that there's no free lunch no matter what you buy. If you're solo, you may end up ahead with the WB BG depending on your properties, but like I said, if cost isn't figured in, then I'd be better off with a riding blower or one on my 3 pt hitch.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

YEP a WB mounted on a ZT is way more efficient than a BP all day long in most cases, not all, but mostly for leaf jobs and it shows up everyday on time LOL
Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm talking something like this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuJwV...layer_embedded

or this, since I already have a CUT-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJyIm...layer_embedded
Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I'm talking something like this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuJwV...layer_embedded

or this, since I already have a CUT-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJyIm...layer_embedded
I Was Not Impressed. THE 580bts Would blow circles around that junk.I have to literally run to try to keep what the 580BTS will blow. On my jobs non of that junk would work all .
Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
I Was Not Impressed. THE 580bts Would blow circles around that junk.I have to literally run to try to keep what the 580BTS will blow. On my jobs non of that junk would work all .
I figured you would say something like that.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
When moving wet leaves over a foot deep a large volume blower works much better than a high air speed back pack blower. Especially on large properties. Try moving an acre of wet leaves with your 580. It can be done but not nearly as easily or quickly as a big WB or Stand On large volume blower.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
So your 580BTS would out blow this machine too I'm presuming? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2kfE5GNF5w
Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
When moving wet leaves over a foot deep a large volume blower works much better than a high air speed back pack blower. Especially on large properties. Try moving an acre of wet leaves with your 580. It can be done but not nearly as easily or quickly as a big WB or Stand On large volume blower.
Posted via Mobile Device
The worst thing I will ever encountered is a parking lot full of rocks .The I did on Friday by time I got to the end I was blowing rock at 2 in. deep .I know could stop and shelve it up some but I need to see 580BTS would do all the way .And it did it .As for a big WB the parking tapers down to 10' with a 1' high loading dock then parking carbs by very busy road. And blowing 2 in. of rock who can do this better with a WB can have at it.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 10HP Billy Goat and yes under most circumstances I find the 580 backpack more productive. Control and maneuverability have a lot to do with it. A wheeled blower can be clumsy on lawns, especially if there are obstancels, slopes and areas of soft turf. I find that a BP does a better job too. Believe what you want but I have found that my 580 does a better job more quickly and with less physical exerction than my wheeled blower on my accounts and I don't think adding a few HP to it would change that.