Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer_z View Post
so your 580bts would out blow this machine too i'm presuming? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2kfe5gnf5w
yea can't touch that with a 580 !!! Lol
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
I Was Not Impressed. THE 580bts Would blow circles around that junk.I have to literally run to try to keep what the 580BTS will blow. On my jobs non of that junk would work all .
Now, I love my Husky blower, but it can't even come close to moving debris like those vids, and if you weren't impressed by that 3 pt blower, I guess there's nothing made that will impress you.

I have a rotary broom for the front of my CUT that I can use for heavy gravel in lots, and I can use it on lawns too. I have it set correctly to sweep the surface without damaging the turf. It rides on gauge wheels that float left-right and up-down. Still, I use my BP for amost all of it because it blows that hard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I have a 10HP Billy Goat and yes under most circumstances I find the 580 backpack more productive. Control and maneuverability have a lot to do with it. A wheeled blower can be clumsy on lawns, especially if there are obstancels, slopes and areas of soft turf. I find that a BP does a better job too. Believe what you want but I have found that my 580 does a better job more quickly and with less physical exerction than my wheeled blower on my accounts and I don't think adding a few HP to it would change that.
Once again you are exactly right. And can explain it better than I can .
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
The worst thing I will ever encountered is a parking lot full of rocks .The I did on Friday by time I got to the end I was blowing rock at 2 in. deep .I know could stop and shelve it up some but I need to see 580BTS would do all the way .And it did it .As for a big WB the parking tapers down to 10' with a 1' high loading dock then parking carbs by very busy road. And blowing 2 in. of rock who can do this better with a WB can have at it.
I would use a rotary broom for rocks. Much faster than a blower. Again wet heavy leaves need volume to move. Sure I blow out beds and tight spots with a backpack blower and even 1/4 acre lots. But if you want to move some serious leaves on big clean ups a stand on or wb blower will win every time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:57 PM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
So your 580BTS would out blow this machine too I'm presuming? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2kfE5GNF5w
Yes my 580BTS would by what I saw .That is too circumstances .When he is backing ,pulling up .I would be getting ahead. I must be one of the few people really know how to run a blower. I have been using one sense 1990. Has I said before on what jobs I now that thing would be total worthless. And I have a 22cf. PECO vac. when I need it . And BOBCAT with a bucket if need to do some serious clean up.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:05 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
Yes my 580BTS would by what I saw .That is too circumstances .When he is backing ,pulling up .I would be getting ahead. I must be one of the few people really know how to run a blower. I have been using one sense 1990. Has I said before on what jobs I now that thing would be total worthless. And I have a 22cf. PECO vac. when I need it . And BOBCAT with a bucket if need to do some serious clean up.
LOL!!! Whats next? A tarp is faster than a leaf loader?? With a 10 yard leaf box? That stand-on blower could clear more acres in a day than you could do in a week with a BP blower, lawn vac and a bobcat bucket! Guess you have never done a North East fall clean up!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I would use a rotary broom for rocks. Much faster than a blower. Again wet heavy leaves need volume to move. Sure I blow out beds and tight spots with a backpack blower and even 1/4 acre lots. But if you want to move some serious leaves on big clean ups a stand on or wb blower will win every time.
Posted via Mobile Device
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessor...er-attachment/
Is this you are talking about ? If so I have look at them before and I don't need it.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessor...er-attachment/
Is this you are talking about ? If so I have look at them before and I don't need it.
Have you tried one? Its a must for spring clean up on parking lots. When you have to move a winters worth of sand and rock.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:27 PM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
LOL!!! Whats next? A tarp is faster than a leaf loader?? With a 10 yard leaf box? That stand-on blower could clear more acres in a day than you could do in a week with a BP blower, lawn vac and a bobcat bucket! Guess you have never done a North East fall clean up!!
Posted via Mobile Device
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurricane-X3...item3a7a590bc8
Ok will admit I a US $8,999.00 Hurricane X3 25 HP Stand On Hydro Blower will out do my 580BTS on a Big open parking lot but the one's I do NO WAY. AT (795 Lbs, 4'7" Tall, 3'3" Wide, 5'2" Long) that's to big to go threw the gate. To most backyards I do.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurricane-X3...item3a7a590bc8
Ok will admit I a US $8,999.00 Hurricane X3 25 HP Stand On Hydro Blower will out do my 580BTS on a Big open parking lot but the one's I do NO WAY. AT (795 Lbs, 4'7" Tall, 3'3" Wide, 5'2" Long) that's to big to go threw the gate. To most backyards I do.
I will agree with you there. I will use BP blowers for anything 1/4 acre or less. And gated yards.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.09408 seconds with 8 queries