Register free!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you buy more than 500.00 at a time they give a 1% discount. Do you have a problem getting that in QB?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
The only thing that Ewing does that irks me is the $.48 "inbound freight surcharge" that they put on every invoice. Just call it what it really is.... "a bullshit because we can get away with it charge". LOL... I'm entering bills right now and it's a pain in the ass when I'm recieving inventory into the system because I have to keep switching between tabs to book the $.48 as an expense rather than as inventory.

So if one of the York's is paying attention... find some other way to fuel the corporate jet.
do you have ewing stock your warehouse big guy? I think that either koster or brandon has something set up like that with their supplier. Once a month they inventory and bill him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
do you have ewing stock your warehouse big guy? I think that either koster or brandon has something set up like that with their supplier. Once a month they inventory and bill him.
Posted via Mobile Device
We manage our own inventory. Generally we place a big order once a month for the things that we use the most of like heads, nozzles, fittings glue etc. The items that we don't commonly use are purchased on an as needed basis. It works out pretty well for us because I can keep a close watch on what is being purchased and who is purchasing it. 4 or 5 years ago when we were much bigger and our inventory control wasn't so good we had lots of product that I'm sure was going home with people at the end of the day.... but that is a lesson learned and a story for another day
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
We manage our own inventory. Generally we place a big order once a month for the things that we use the most of like heads, nozzles, fittings glue etc. The items that we don't commonly use are purchased on an as needed basis. It works out pretty well for us because I can keep a close watch on what is being purchased and who is purchasing it. 4 or 5 years ago when we were much bigger and our inventory control wasn't so good we had lots of product that I'm sure was going home with people at the end of the day.... but that is a lesson learned and a story for another day
Sounds like you had some Johnny Cash systems going in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Sounds like you had some Johnny Cash systems going in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Me Me Me I I I

Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Me Me Me I I I

Johnny Cash system.

~Took it 1 piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime~
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
The app isn't compatible with my Nexus 7, running Android 4.2. I have it on my Droid X phone though, running Android 2.3.4
Hey Gregg, I just bought two Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablets, and the Ewing app won't work on them either.

I'm not a serious techie, but does that mean that the app just isn't built right for it, and they should update the app to fit more systems? It works on my Droid Incredible 4 that is about 6-8 months old.