Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Stihl replacement parts question

Does anyone know of an online source for stihl replacement parts (filters, spark plugs, etc.) I tried getting part numbers off of stihlusa.com but couldn't find actual part numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

you cant buy sthil parts online and cant even look up parts numbers. welcome to their outdated biz model. just one reason why i no longer buy sthil products
Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel145 View Post
Does anyone know of an online source for stihl replacement parts (filters, spark plugs, etc.) I tried getting part numbers off of stihlusa.com but couldn't find actual part numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
All the chainsaws and everything not listed below use a Bosch WSR6F (1110 400 7005) or NGK BPMR7A

BR500 thru BR600, FS130, HT130~HT131 use NGK CMR6H (0000 400 7011)

FS90~FS110, FC90~FC110, HL90~HL100, HT100~HT101, KM90~KM110, HS81~HS86, use Bosch USR7AC (0000 400 7009)

All gapped at .020

As for air filters, you'll have to check with the aftermarket suppliers, or check with some of the vendors that are on this site.

......AMF!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Check a seller named cheapchainsawparts? on Ebay. He has lots of Stihl parts.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you need carb parts, you can get those online, or through a channel other than Stihl. Zama carbs are not a Stihl part per se, so those parts do not have to pass through a dealer. If you need a carb , or a rebuild kit, find the number and get it through third party channels if you wish.

Other items that at unique to Stihl are not sold online, as lawboy dan stated. Yep, a real problem.... (another story for another thread).
Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
If you need carb parts, you can get those online, or through a channel other than Stihl. Zama carbs are not a Stihl part per se, so those parts do not have to pass through a dealer. If you need a carb , or a rebuild kit, find the number and get it through third party channels if you wish.

Other items that at unique to Stihl are not sold online, as lawboy dan stated. Yep, a real problem.... (another story for another thread).
Actually I have run into a carb on a Stihl that was not available anywhere else. I forget if it was Zama or Walbro but it actually had Stihl molded into it and that specific carb was only available through Stihl. It was still made by the carb company but they wouldnt sell it to anyone else.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Actually I have run into a carb on a Stihl that was not available anywhere else. I forget if it was Zama or Walbro but it actually had Stihl molded into it and that specific carb was only available through Stihl. It was still made by the carb company but they wouldnt sell it to anyone else.
Thanks for the correction. I should have added, "In my experience ...." My machines have only had Zama.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's been mentioned a bunch of times, Zama's website is loaded with info:http://www.zamacarb.com/prod_lookup.cfm

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Stihl bought Zama a while back.

......AMF!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the leads much appreciated!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Just to be clear, while Zama makes all the carbs for Stihl, they are made to Stihl specs, and are not the same as other Zama carbs, and the carbs and parts Zama makes for Stihl, are only sold to Stihl.
They may interchange with other carbs on some parts, but it seems that Stihl has Zama make the carbs for them different enough that you need to go to Stihl to buy a whole carb.

Tags
stihl