Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2013, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think great communication is very important for all customers but I find it is most appreciated by my high end resi's.

Our Facebook Page

A goal properly set is halfway reached - - Zig Ziglar
Old 01-09-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
I use a WB on high end residentials instead of a Z. Takes the 'lazy' look perception away from the customer.
I also communicate often with them to give them exactly what they want. I bend over backward for my high end irrigated resi mows.
Been looking for a marketing phrase and approach to convey this. I'm not full service and I never be. I'm ALL about the lawn. I only prune for regular mowing clients.

My quality of cut and attention to detail is clearly hands down better. The lawns I'm in control of on applications and water cycles are clearly the best looking and healthiest lawns on block.

I'd much rather pick and choose my clients to fit what I offer vs chasing a specific demographic.

I will probably never own a sit down rider mower of kind. It does look lazy IMO and the mowers are much heavier than what I run now. The lightest sitdown mower I know of is a Walker but my quaility of cut is still better than that with no center trailing wheel marks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know your business size but the problem I've found with the high end is the demand. Many of my high end people are so demanding. They want you there 24 7 and don't dare send your crew or you'll get screamed at for not personally showing up. I have little bit of everything with about 60% coming from commercial work. I have the elderly, the people I started with when I was 18, the big commercials, the sub work, the high end , the mid end. I find you have to have a system figure out what works for you and your bottom line and adjust accordingly. I have some clients that we just take care of the landscaping, no mowing, no ferting. One of the ones I have is more money a year than some of my mid end clients. About 80% of my weekly cuts, we do mulch, clean ups and fert. That's the only way to go. But weekly, weeding? Oh, that's the worst.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would go as far to say everyone is right. One of the things I have learned is there niche I fit in. I service the EOWs to a few small commercials to a few high middle to the retired, widowed about to go to the rest home and just cut it people. I like to bring, present and perform a quality service to everyone but if all they want is a mow, blow and go, ok and that is still on the same rate. I do think all your work is refelctive on you but in some neighborhoods thats noticed in some its not. I do prefer to get some higher ends but I do like my well rounded customer base.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My company is pretty much commercial also. I do have a couple of high end residential I fell into a couple of years ago. I find these customers want thier property looking prestine, no matter what the cost. They rarely bother me. These properties average 12k a year. As long as you do good work and are responsive to thier requests, the money will follow.