Register free!

Old 11-03-2012, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Fixtures

Anyone using Lighting from Illumicare , if so what do you think , any comments welcome.

Richie
Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes. I have been using a lot of the Illumicare Precision Brass Fixtures (The professional grade product) all of this season with good results.

Specifically the Hyperion Tree Light and the Aether Bullet uplight. They are very well designed and excellent performers. I like that both are IP rated! Finally fixtures that do not let any water or moisture inside! This is a real bonus when using LED lamps.

The other fixtures in the Precision line have only recently become available and I am now specifying these in place of Hunza fixtures. The quality is comparable and price point much more reasonable.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

James, I like the look and IP rating of the Hyperion, but I did not see any pricing for them on the site no matter where I clicked. Any help here?

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite4 View Post
James, I like the look and IP rating of the Hyperion, but I did not see any pricing for them on the site no matter where I clicked. Any help here?
Here is the link to the Hyperion , also you may have to sign up for an account to see pricing.

http://store.illumicaregroup.com/Hyperion_p_80.html
Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Richie is correct. You will need to register an account as a contractor/professional and then sign in to get your contractor pricing. OR you can just as easily contact one of the distributors in the USA and have them provide you with pricing.

www.integralighting.com

Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Comments welcome you say? OK...

I've seen the line, not impressed one bit, from what I can tell this offering has been Frankensteined together from a distributor and contractor who's importing fixtures from a couple different factories over seas, also the transformers are re branded units from Jefferson. I get a kick out of two-bit rinky dink companies that act like manufacturers when they really are just importers or brand labeling. I appreciate that illumicare does not state they are a manufacturer, it shows they know their role.

I've been to the floor of Nightscaping with Bill and watched as his employee "manufactured" a foot lighter top. Ive also been in the BK Lighting factory and watched them create a Nite Star from a raw block of aluminum in one of their many 250K CNC lathes. Coppermoon was once made in Atlanta Georgia, not any more...now you can buy his fixtures directly from JBC electric in Taiwan, google it and save yourself money if you buy that brand.

My hat is tipped to the real manufacturers of the world, the folks who design, test, invest millions in manufacturing equipment machinery, hire local North American employees to work at their factory, properly certify their goods, follow good environmental practices, and stand behind their efforts to offer the market a reputable product. Not even a question of which brands I buy:
Arroyo Craftsman
BK Lighting
Cast
Lumiere
Kim Lighting
Vista(USTE)
FX Luminaire
Old 01-05-2013, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Member

And James you must have been using a lot of crap in the past since you mention " Finally fixtures that do not let any water or moisture inside!"

I've used both Lumiere and BK Lighting fixtures for years in the PNW where it rains all the damn time, never had an issue with moisture. I've gone back to jobs from 18 years ago and the fixtures are dry, dirty as hell on the outside but dry on the inside.

Looks to me like you have admitted that everything you've installed up until now is basically crap and is going to have moisture issues, I hope none of you past clients happen to stop by this site and see this post.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Member

This should be an Interesting read today.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hello Stephen. With all due respect, my suspicion here is that you know not of what you speak. The illumicare precision brass fixture line is not "frankenstiened" together. The Hyperion and Aether fixtures specifically were designed by me in conjunction with an experienced engineer. The parts were then manufactured in Germany with final assembly of the fixtures here in Ontario. As far as I know, the Hyperion is the only application specific, tree mounted bullet downlight that carries and IP68 rating in the entire marketplace. The Aether is also IP68 rated and I have not seen any bullet fixtures that carry this distinction, let alone the other unique features that this fixture offers the professional contractor. All of Illumicare's fixtures carry full and proper Electrical Listings; cETL and cUL. As for the Illumicare branded transformer, well I assure you they are not from Jefferson (any seasoned lighting pro should be able to know this from a simple look at them). Are you going to criticize Vista, Kichler, Hadco, CAST, and so many other lighting companies for using 'third party' transformers because they all do it.

Before you criticize any company's manufacturing processes, perhaps you should take a kick at the can. Investigate, research, design, prototype, manufacture, get listings, carry inventory, promote, market, distribute and invest your money into producing something unique in this busy segment. Its not so easy I assure you.

I am glad that you have not had a lot of moisture issues in the PNW... but have to wonder how many and what type of fixtures you are using for tree mounted downlighting? Are you simply taking a Lumiere 203 Bullet and turning it upside down on a tree mount? Or are you using BK Deltastars/Nightstars, another bullet uplight, and aiming it down as well? I have used both and while the Lumiere 203 seals pretty well, I got tired of the anti-syphon system causing direct shorts in the fixture out of the box. (Break a stem apart and you will see what their 'system' is all about) When I went to BK Deltastars I had a 22% failure rate... with them filling with water in only 6 months of use. When it came time for warranty, they left me to sway in the breeze, a very expensive situation as over the course of that next year I had to replace all of the over 400 I had installed previously. To be fair; That was a long time ago now, and the President of BK did eventually sit with me to apologize and offer to 'make things right'. Both of course are powder coated aluminum fixtures, something I decided to entirely move away from many years ago.

Do not suggest for one minute that my clients have anything to worry about as I have always taken care of them and always strived to install nothing by the best. When any issue does arise, I am the first person to step in and make it right, and I know that my wonderful and constantly referring clients will stand behind me in that regard. Again, I feel that you know not of what you speak.

www.integralighting.com

Last edited by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting; 01-05-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just this past summer i watched coppermoon employees spinning copper tops. Clearly they import stuff but not all.
Posted via Mobile Device