Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

scag fuel efficiency

Hope everyone had a good holiday season. I just got a new tiger cat 27hp Kohler engine. Just wondering how many hours you all are getting out of it with both tanks full till empty. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroelawncare View Post
Hope everyone had a good holiday season. I just got a new tiger cat 27hp Kohler engine. Just wondering how many hours you all are getting out of it with both tanks full till empty. Thanks ahead of time.
how's it working out for you? i'm looking into buying a scag and curious of the fuel efficiency on them..
Old 11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The 27 kohler is very good on fuel we had that on 2 of our lazers with vac systems. We got about 1.1 gallons per hour which for a mower is rather good. Now I got a taste this year of the worst motor iv ever used and it a Kawasaki on a scag cheetah which just like the briggs on that same mower we got 2 gallons of consumption per hour. We couldn't give that mower back to the dealer fast enough the ***** would drink and entire 7.5 gallon side tank in under 4 hours. We ended up going with kohler efi red tech 34-38 hp lazer Xs and we get the same consumption we got with the old 27 hps models about 1-1.1 gallons an hour.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
The 27 kohler is very good on fuel we had that on 2 of our lazers with vac systems. We got about 1.1 gallons per hour which for a mower is rather good. Now I got a taste this year of the worst motor iv ever used and it a Kawasaki on a scag cheetah which just like the briggs on that same mower we got 2 gallons of consumption per hour. We couldn't give that mower back to the dealer fast enough the ***** would drink and entire 7.5 gallon side tank in under 4 hours. We ended up going with kohler efi red tech 34-38 hp lazer Xs and we get the same consumption we got with the old 27 hps models about 1-1.1 gallons an hour.
I have the FX850 on two super Z's and they are burning anywhere from 2.1 to 2.5 gallons per hour. They have eat my lunch on fuel this year.
Posted via Mobile Device