Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-01-2003, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Web Sites

How much do you guys pay for websites? Is it really worth it? I mean most of my residential customers are older so I don't really think they will go to a website. I would really like to have one for the sake of profesionalism but I'm not sure about the cost/benifiet.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Web hosting by Yahoo is $11.95 per month. Put the site address on all your trailers, trucks, business cards, mailers etc. It works and does pay for its self over time. Ck with a local college or tech school in your area and have a student design your site if you dont want to do it yourself. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

cheap web sites

you can go to gandi.com and buy your domain name for about $12 a year. then what you do is redirect it to your free web site form lets say yahoo or anywhere else that lets you have a free website. You also get 5 email acount names. like joe@xxxxx.com. You aslo have to redirect the mail accounts to your personal mail account. Gandi is in europe i think but their fee rounds out to about 12$. I have been using it for years. I am currently overhauling my site but you can check it out for how it works if you like. Type in formanlawnservice.com. Watch the site address. it will change to my yahoo acount and get you there. If you didn't know, you wouldn't realize you are being redirected.

Last edited by 1MajorTom; 02-01-2003 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

mine is $24.95 a month

covers 5 email boxes, 10 pages of information, unlimited updates, over 3,000 types of designs, free major search engines, many more features. Can have an order catalog, survery, forms, etc as well. Its a nice setup.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

looks like the yahoo for $12 is pretty good.

I'm trying to come up with some cool things to put on a site other than the normal stuff. any idea's

I was thinking of maby an estimate calculator I've been working on in VB. Let them plug in the dimentions of the property number of trees, grade etc to give a rough estimate. Of course it's still has some kinks to work out, and it would not be a guarenteed number or anything. Of course i'm not sure if I could do that on yahoo.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Member

My site is hosted by http://www.winsave.com . Cost is $9.00 a month and get 100mb of diskspace. They support Frontpage which is used by lots of people today. You are also given 25 email boxes.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Member

My website is hosted by IPOWERWEB . It is only $8 a month and includes over 100 emails and tons of other stuff. It has been the best deal I have found. I designed the actual website my self so it won't cost anything. Also, i think the website, if done properly, is a definite plus to your business. If u advertise or put out flyers, you can put your website on there so anyone interested can find out more info. You can also include coupons on the site, galleries of work, and even let customers pay you online via paypal.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What he said above. IPOWERWEB is excellent. The service is 99% reliable and support is great. Can't beat the price either.