Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-01-2003, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Getting paver jobs

Last year was the first year doing paver installations for me and I quite throughly enjoyed it and enjoyed the feeling of adding something so beautiful to someones property. However, I live in an area where concrete rules and pavers for the most part are non-existant. This has it obvious ups and downs. What I was wondering is how to advertise or obtain more of these jobs. I know who my target is but how do I get in their house
Old 02-02-2003, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No clue.

In the past I have just stumbled on paver jobs. Great money and fun to do. there isn't much of a market for it around here. Retaining walls are the big thing.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a couple of ideas that might work for you. If you have a local paver supplier that is open to the public, strike up a relationship there and give them your bus. cards and maybe a photo portfolio of your projects, ask for referrals from them, buy your materials for those jobs from them. Some paver mfg. have nice photo flyers that you can send out to targeted areas. Get a booth at your local Home/Garden show. Build an interesting project there and people will be inclined to ask questions. You should be able to qualify some good leads.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Lanelle. I always appreciate your advice since it seems that it is coming from something that is tried and true. When I talked to my supplier, I asked them who else is using them and they had only about three other companies, so that could be a good thing to try. However, the only show around here is the first week in April from Thursday-Sunday and booths cost around $1,000, no joke. So that is probably going to be on the backburner for at least this year but I'd love to do it the following year, guess that will be my new goal.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the kind words. I agree that a booth is something to plan for in the future. You could send a newsletter or flyer announcing your hardscape services to current and past clients. That is a more controllable cost.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Definitely take pictures. Use some kind of a photo flyer and taget new neighborhoods. People just moving in to brand new developments want the extras.