Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 PM
corey4671 corey4671 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in TN
Posts: 2,943
The only thing I see missing is "Text SHARPLAWNS to 90210"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 AM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,567
great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
The only thing I see missing is "Text SHARPLAWNS to 90210"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM
corey4671 corey4671 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in TN
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
great idea!
try it out. see what happens!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,567
the wife is already shooting down the idea (not that its her decision.. i think..) lol she says she would never text to 90210 or anything for fear she would get charges to her phone. and that got me thinking how many people would think the same thing..

however, i think its a great idea because if you get a few people a week to text in, you can keep sending them stuff during the season, and keep them thinking about you. I'm curious as to How many people have made it onto that list since you started doing that? i'm in a well populated area, so it might be worth it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
try it out. see what happens!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,567
thinking about adding QR code too.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM
corey4671 corey4671 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in TN
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
the wife is already shooting down the idea (not that its her decision.. i think..) lol she says she would never text to 90210 or anything for fear she would get charges to her phone. and that got me thinking how many people would think the same thing..

however, i think its a great idea because if you get a few people a week to text in, you can keep sending them stuff during the season, and keep them thinking about you. I'm curious as to How many people have made it onto that list since you started doing that? i'm in a well populated area, so it might be worth it for me.
Right now I sit at 127 people. Only charges from 90210 you will ever see are your normal text message rates. Nothing else. Subscribers can opt out at ANY time by simply replying STOP. It it 100% opt in on the part of the subscriber. I send out 2-4 msgs per month which usually contain an offer and a link to a short video.

If you want to see how it could work for you, just text SHARPLAWNS to 90210...go ahead...you know you want to just to see what it's about
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
lawnpropm's Avatar
lawnpropm lawnpropm is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
thinking about adding QR code too.
I like the first one. Like the logo too its different and catches the eye. Def do the QR code. You can find places on google that you can do it for free....
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,567
yeah, i think i'm one of your 127. lol.. i texted theyardboy to 90210 when i saw your video last year.. you got a good thing going for sure. thanks for all of the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
Right now I sit at 127 people. Only charges from 90210 you will ever see are your normal text message rates. Nothing else. Subscribers can opt out at ANY time by simply replying STOP. It it 100% opt in on the part of the subscriber. I send out 2-4 msgs per month which usually contain an offer and a link to a short video.

If you want to see how it could work for you, just text SHARPLAWNS to 90210...go ahead...you know you want to just to see what it's about
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 PM
GreenHammer's Avatar
GreenHammer GreenHammer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 70
Love the frog!!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 AM
corey4671 corey4671 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in TN
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
yeah, i think i'm one of your 127. lol.. i texted theyardboy to 90210 when i saw your video last year.. you got a good thing going for sure. thanks for all of the info.
You also texted sharplawns to 90210 thanks for the compliments and for being a yardboy VIP LOL
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Page generated in 0.07185 seconds with 8 queries