Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagboy715 View Post
I totally agree with paying full price and even more so since they threw in the trimmer...why would anyone not go back after that. I would much rather buy from them than a big name. Plus when I go in now, the price I'm given is automatically the lowest price they can possibly give so I don't even try to haggle. They negotiated on the mower because it was winter. They sell used equipment too a few months ago I picked up a tru-cut c27 in AWESOME condition for $400!!! I couldn't believe it. Nothing wrong with it except dull and missing bagger. And it's only 4 years old. I ran in to get a $0.50 part and left with that!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I don't mind paying full price on handheld stuff but if I'm about to drop 8,000 and pay cash I would want to bargain a little.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Yeah I don't mind paying full price on handheld stuff but if I'm about to drop 8,000 and pay cash I would want to bargain a little.
Posted via Mobile Device
Couldn't agree more!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe we should start a club, lol. In return I expect my dealer to understand that I do this for a living and to put me ahead of a homeowner with a flat tire on his tractor, to stock maintenance parts, to get parts that are not stocked quickly and basically do whatever they can, within reason, to get me back up and running again if one of my critical pieces of equipment goes down.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Maybe we should start a club, lol. In return I expect my dealer to understand that I do this for a living and to put me ahead of a homeowner with a flat tire on his tractor, to stock maintenance parts, to get parts that are not stocked quickly and basically do whatever they can, within reason, to get me back up and running again if one of my critical pieces of equipment goes down.
Haha I hear ya man! Priority, quality, and effectiveness are the three things that make a great dealer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Haha I agree with that as well. Just for me my dealer is so big i'm a nobody to them, the only way I would get priority is if I drop big money there that they remember me
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Haha I agree with that as well. Just for me my dealer is so big i'm a nobody to them, the only way I would get priority is if I drop big money there that they remember me
Mine is big but it's waaaay out in the country so they just treat you right without worrying about maximizing their profits haha
Posted via Mobile Device