Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turfco T3000 herbicide settling problems

I am having a real problem with the chemicals settling out and completely clogging up the machine. Running a mix of Barricade 4L/Simazine and with the barricade alone. I have to run the machine pretty much constantly and even at that it can settle overnight. On another note, are any of you running a WDG through this machine? 200 hrs and already on our second pump.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Jim,

I demoed a new T3000i a few weeks ago and the guy told me that at the end of every day you should rinse out the tank and run fresh water through the system. That thing is a beast isn't it?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turfco T3000 herbicide settling problems

Hey man, it is definitely a beast. Love the machine but if I have to empty it every day, it is useless. Loaded it up one evening last week to go spray a subdivision in Marietta the next morning ( no water available ) and by the time I got there it was solid. Second time I have had to pull the filter and shutoff valve assbly off and clean the hoses out with a coat hanger. Turfco says they have never had this complaint.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I usually just made sure I would have just enough chemical in it on my last yard and when I got home it was ready to be rinsed and flushed out. I wouldn't have anything in it over night but just fresh water.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Barricade can settle out--also pendi and other yellow powders. Dinitroanilines. Maybe you can find a better brand or a Dimension product that suits the situation.
You may wish to agitate your tank in the morning with a paint stirring paddle in your electric drill, before you start.

It maybe possible to set up a couple extra agitation nozzles inside the tank, and get a more powerful bypass agitation.

Make sure there is a good pre-filter in the tank so that no particles get into the main filter and pump.
Anybody else have good experience with this problem?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Think about the viscosity of the products you are using, the rate they are being applied, and the amount of carrier being used and I think you'll realize it's more of a slurry than a solution. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRRITECH View Post
I am having a real problem with the chemicals settling out and completely clogging up the machine. Running a mix of Barricade 4L/Simazine and with the barricade alone. I have to run the machine pretty much constantly and even at that it can settle overnight. On another note, are any of you running a WDG through this machine? 200 hrs and already on our second pump.
Barricade and Simazine with low volume carrier is a nightmare. We run this mix through our permagreen and zspray here. You have to keep it constantly agitated. You must spray out your ride on every night or you'll have a real mess or a burned up pump.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Instead of spraying milk you are trying to spray a milkshake. Go to a larger nozzle or mix at 1/2 or 1/3 strength and go over the lawn multiple times
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRRITECH View Post
I use Barricade In my T at a rate of 24 oz per acre

It sets in there all nite all day with no proublem i have never had a cloging problem

Last year i used some WDG threw it with no problem

Putting 24 ozs in 11 gals of water is not a milk shake it's yellow water

What rate are you using

Also the wetting agent that i use says it will help keep herbicides suspended

You will see a little setlment in the morning but for the most part it mixes right back up

I also added extruds to mine to help with mixing

The old style pump had a return line that went back to the sucktion side on the pump which didn't give much adgataion

The new pump has more adgtaion

Charles Cue
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, I did not see where he said he was having a problem with Barricade alone. I was referring to the Princep/Simazine. That stuff is a milkshake that needs quite a bit of dilution and even at that if you let it sit too long it dang near turns to dough.